[ 003 ] ❝ the legend that is martin brundle ❞

BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 

'There is no way around the hard work. Embrace it.'
- Roger Federer

Lucía loved the atmosphere at the Bahrain track. Not just within the crowds of viewers but also in the garage where she could watch everyone at work, focusing heavily on statistics and the car. Everything was intriguing and it was enjoyable to watch how much of a team sport this was. There wasn't just the two drivers in the team, but all the engineers, the team principals, mechanics, and then those behind the scene, back at home. There's social media content creators, and people working in public relations. She loved being able to see other sports in action. 

Charles and Lucía set off to the track earlier than the past two days, wanting to get a lap done on the track, running. They enjoyed the cooler air, knowing it was bound to grow hotter throughout the day. If she didn't need to slip in some form of exercise for the day then she would still be in bed, however this was the only time she'd get today to go for a run. And where better to do it than the track itself. They decided to get breakfast at the Ferrari hospitality afterwards before Charles took her around with him, showing her more of what his job entailed. The way she held on to his every word had Charles falling for her even more. He planned on announcing their relationship sooner than later, wanting to be able to show her off and proudly say that he was her boyfriend. The idea of the two of them both supporting each other at their sporting events, without having to do so discreetly, excited him. He knew it would be impossible to have her with him every race weekend and vice versa with him at her tennis matches, but he would spend every free moment he could find by her side, whether he was watching her play a game of tennis or the two of them chilling in his Monaco apartment or even her apartment in England where the fire and blankets were a must. 

"It is so warm today," Lucía fanned her face with the Ferrari baseball hat she had been given by Charles, not his own this time. 

"I am so glad our hotel room has air con." Charles agreed, chuckling at her dramatic slouch in her chair. She hooked her legs with his, reaching them under the table from her slouched position, back leaning backwards. "Long legs," Charles teased her making her reach up to swat him with her hat. Charles laughed, moving away to try and dodge the hit. It was a nickname that had apparently grown in his list of nicknames for her. Long legs. She did indeed have long legs. Charles was taller than her but Lucía wouldn't class herself as short. 

"Strong legs," She corrected him, wrestling his legs under the table, trapping them between her own. People often would think that due to having to swing the racket constantly, tennis is a upper-body sport, but the leg muscles, including the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and calves, are doing most of the work out on the court and therefore Lucía should never miss out on leg day. The ideal body of a tennis player would be powerful and well-developed legs, a strong core and a lean upper-body. All of which Lucía had worked very hard for. 

"You were definitely a kicker when you were a baby," Charles acknowledged making her throw her head back and laugh. 

"I could raise my leg," She slowly inched her foot up the inside of his leg, maybe getting a little too high.

"Don't you dare," he slapped her leg away making her laugh again, dropping her feet flat to the floor. Charles rolled his eyes at her teasing actions. 

"I see Merlin has scratched your hand," Charles noted the cat mark on her hand.

"Yeah, the little shit," The Mexican girl scoffed as Charles grabbed her hand to run a finger over the mark,

"Your cat is just as violent as you chérie," Charles told her playfully, lacing his fingers with her own.

"I'll show you violent," She warned sarcastically, no really threat behind her words.