Chapter 7: The Other Side (1)

Note:

Enjoy! BTW, I update every Sunday night if you're wondering!

Word count: 2584

Edit: Spoilers beware for those who have not finished the 1st book of Trash of the Count's Family! For those who haven't read through yet, don't worry. I'll explain it anyway in future chaps. There might be differences but who knows!

Recap:

He walked into the portal that was already set up by another mage with his children all shoving their weight to him.

His footsteps were firm even though his shoulders are slightly slumped from the weight.

When they left the cliff, no evidence of their presence was even left.

(reminder: this scene happened right after the naval battle

The conversation that the Count and Basen was held 2 days after that)

Already mentioned in the previous chap but just in case you got confused

Also, more info about Cale's condition in upcoming chapters

***

"Nya... A little bit more to the right, Hong!", said a silver-haired girl as she watched a small red-furred cat trying to pass a tight rope.

They were inside a large bedroom and there was a thin red thread that was placed diagonally in the room. It wasn't that high so falling didn't really matter.

"I'm tryinggg... balancing on the thread is hard, On! You should try it yourself!", he complained right back at her.

On was currently just watching him and sitting as still as she could. Her father would have a difficult time braiding her hair if not. After all, he's using mostly his muscle memory to braid her.

She always loved her hair when it was braided by him. She didn't mind that it wasn't always as secure and tidy. Sometimes, one or two strands of her hair were left out but she always kept the hairstyle throughout the day regardless.

"I can feel Hong about to lose his balance and fall any second now.", stated the redhead as he calmly braided On's hair.

His eyes were looking straight forward, not looking at On nor Hong. It was blank but they were full of warmth and kindness.

"Human daddy, I have a question.", said a black dragon who was currently flying to his side.

"D-dad-daddy?", stuttered the man as a blush crept up to his cheeks.

"Ah, no... never mind. I-i...", Raon was now the flustered one. He had always seen the human as his father but never really voicing it out. 'Stupid, human is human. I'm not his child... even if he loves me this much.', he thought as he figured to find a good excuse.