Thirty Eight (1/2)

A/N: Hewo beans!! Apologies, this is a short chapter because I couldn't finish it on time and would have needed to skip this week's update but I remembered that I was also supposed to announce the winner of the giveaway so pushed through and finished at least half :') My entire body achhhesss.

The winner of the Baked Love giveaway is authoyyy hehe congratulations! And because there were more entries than I anticipated, I drew another for the version with the Japanese cover (not the official version) and the winner for that copy is balourd ^-^

Once again, I've read every single comment on the previous chapter for the giveaway and I will be trying my best to reply to them all when I can. I'm always very moved by everyone's words and sometimes the more I read the more I have the urge to give out books LOL (I'm safe here because I'm less affected by compliments for the Baked series but I'm W E A K to anyone bringing up Flight School so I'm like -panic- thinking about the giveaway for Flight School cuz I might just end up giving out everything LOL). 

Thank you to all who have purchased Baked Love from Amazon or B&N ;v; I'm always so surprised by the rate it's selling out. Thank you so so much. 

This is a really short chapter that's really just FLUFF and nothing else but next week is back to plot and then I'm thinking of doing a sexy little AU idea I've been brewing up HAHAHAHA. 

Enjoy.

___________________________

[Leroy]

"What's his name?"

"Chicken."

She paused, blinking up at me. "I beg your pardon?"

"His name's Chicken."

"C-H-I-C—"

"Yeah." I nodded at the papers on her counter, accumulated over weeks of visits to the vet, phone calls, training centers and special service experience back in station twelve. "Think it's at the top."

"Well yes, I just... wanted to confirm," the lady checking him in cleared her throat, gaze returning to the stuff I'd handed over.

I had my boy on leash—attached to a cool harness the crew pitched in to get for my birthday two years back. Think it was Jaeger's idea. Something about liking Chicken more than his owner. No surprises; station twelve liked the sound of that and wanted in. Altogether, a harness and a frisbee. Latter's in the luggage I'd already checked in.

He was quiet and obedient, eyes fixed on me the entire time I was at the counter handing over my passport and shit. He was the kind of dog to sit even if I hadn't told him to, and was just minding his own business until we arrived at some other counter that was supposed to get him cleared for plane travel.

This was different from the one that cleared smaller animals usually kept in carriers the entire flight. Chicken would technically have a seat of his own. Out in the open. Either way, he kept glancing over at something else in the distance but I had my attention on the confusing wall of text they made me sign on the spot. He was leashed, anyway.

The only thing that crossed my mind smelled vaguely of snow. He'd have an easy time with big words, breezing through and needling out the important shit. Wonder if he got that little one checked in already. They'd be waiting around with the production team for others to arrive.