Chapter Fifteen - Canaries Always Fly Home

Sara's POV:

I slowly blinked as the harsh lights filled my vision. I quickly stood up from the metal table I had been sleeping on. I stopped and looked around the room to find a blonde woman staring at me.

She wore a grey skirt with a light pink jumper and thick framed glasses. Her golden hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail. "Sara?" She asked as I rested my hand against my head, trying to soothe the dull headache.

"Do I know you?" I asked as I began packing my belongings which had been laid out on another table. "My name is Felicity Smoak, I work for Oliver Queen, we didn't know you were alive on the island," she stammered as she helped me pack my items.

"Oli knew I was alive and I wasn't on the island," I said as I pulled on my league armour over my leggings and t-shirt.  As soon as I began walking towards the heavy metal door, it swung open, revealing a man with a dark green hood.

"Oli?" I whispered as I looked into the familiar pale blue eyes. He pulled down the hood and smiled softly "Sara I thought I would never see you again". He wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace as Felicity awkwardly left the room, pushing another man, who stood in the doorway, out with her.

"Where have you been?" He asked as he lead me over to a chair. "Nanda Parbat," I quietly said as I played with the hilt of my dagger. "I know of Ra's Al Ghul, if half the rumours I have heard of him are true, I am proud that you survived," he muttered darkly, imagining the horrid stories of the head of the demon.

Eventually his eyes lit up as he said "your parents will be so happy to see you... so will Laurel, she loves you more than anything".  I stood up and examined the row of sharpened arrows that laid on the table as I said "they cannot know I have returned". "Why?" Oli questioned.

"The league will be looking for me, they already are, I cannot put my family in danger," I said as I watched Oliver's eyes sadden. "You're a member of the league, aren't you?" He asked as he shook his head gently. "I did what I had to in order to survive, I became Ta-er al-Sahfer," I whispered as I picked up an arrow.

"The Canary?" He asked with a smile. I nodded, "my father bought me one when I was younger". His smile grew as he responded "I remember".

He gently wrapped an arm around me and whispered "I missed you, Sara". I quietly giggled and hugged him back before saying "I missed you too".

Oli and I spoke for a few hours before suiting up and roaming the city to ensure that the earthquake hadn't caused further damage.

As we walked through an alley between two brick apartments, I heard a subtle clang of metal above me. I quickly grabbed Oli's arm and pulled him to the side. "Your fight is with me, keep him out of it," I yelled as a shiny blade shot to the ground that Oliver had been standing on.

His eyes widened as he glared at the dagger. "Show yourself," I yelled as two dark clothed women jumped to the ground, standing in front of me. "Nyssa seeks your location," one of the women said.

I glared at them both before wielding my bo-staff. "Tell her to return to Nanda Parbat, there is nothing for her here," I said as I stepped closer to the assassins. "She nears Starling City, Ta-er al-Sahfer, she will find you and kill you if you do not return to Nanda Parbat with her," the second woman said.

I shook my head "tell her that if she wants me to return she can ask me herself," I said with annoyance in my tone. The two women pulled out grappling hooks and silently made their way to the roof before disappearing.

I pulled the dagger out of the cold cement and handed it to Oli. "I thought you would be more aware of your surroundings by now," I said with a laugh. He shook his head and continued walking through the alley.

Eventually we stopped near a bridge before parting ways. "I will return to your headquarters once I have finished exploring my city," I said as I turned away.

Nyssa's POV:

I pulled out my passport, flashing the American a friendly smile as he scanned my ID. His face paled as he looked towards me. "I will return, ma'am, there seems to be a p-problem with the computer," he stammered as he began to stand up.

My smile faltered as I grabbed the back of his head, smashing it down onto the keyboard. "I think I fixed it," I said with a smirk.

Five security officers came rushing towards me with their guns pointed at me. With a laugh I swiftly attacked them all until every gun was emptied and thrown far.

I looked at the tiring officers then kicked and punched until they all lay unconscious on the floor. I walked back to the desk and grabbed my passport. "Thank you," I said with a smile as I picked up my bag.

I then walked through the empty hallway, until I reached the entrance to Starling City. I looked around at the destruction and chaos of the city. A small smile formed on my face. "I will find you, my beloved," I whispered, "canaries always fly home".