→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩 : 𝙞𝙞𝙞

Start from the beginning

––––––☆––––––

THE RUSSIANS ALL FLINCHED WHEN THE MACHINE STARTED TO BREAK A LITTLE, MULTIPLE COMPUTERS FLASHING RED. The machine powered down before a man pressed the alarm to fix it, Hopper, Seb and Joyce looking up to it. Seb sped first, the two adults following as the teen hurriedly pressed his stolen keycard to the door, opening it. Lucas had led the Mind Flayer to a balloon with his sling shot, everyone running away whilst the three waited for the area to be clear. "We can go now." Hopper spoke, holding Seb's uniform gently as the three ran. Seb kept his head down as his face was still beaten up, his powers simmering down. He was slowly coming back into control. Leading the adults up the stairs, they came face to face with another Russian.

"Did Mikhail send for you?" He asked quickly, before seeing Seb's face. Hopper and Joyce just nodded and smiled, taking Murray's advice before the Russian started fiddling for his radio. Joyce yelped when Seb suddenly punched the guy in the face, Hopper wincing. The man stumbled back, holding his nose as Seb stepped forward, grabbing his radio and melting it with his hand before flicking his head sideways. Joyce covered her eyes as a sickening crack was heard, the Russian following Seb's action and breaking his own neck. "Jesus Christ." Hopper uttered, the Russian falling down dead as Seb turned to them. "He saw me." The teen spoke simply, Joyce shuddering and moving quickly past the dead body to the door. Opening it, the three looked to see a corridor with a coded vault at the end.

Getting to the vault, Seb stood straight as the two adults focused on the code. "Give me the code." Hopper asked quickly, Joyce fumbling with papers. "Six-six-two, six-oh-eight, oh-oh-four." Joyce read out, Hopper trying to open it but failing. Seb looked to it, confused. "Uh... again?" Hopper suggested, typing in the code that Joyce repeated. A red light flashed, Seb moving to see over Hopper's shoulder. "Murray?" Hopper asked the radio, slowly getting more agitated. "Your goddamn code... is wrong." Hopper spoke, Murray confused. "What? Are you sure?" Murray's voice asked, Seb making eye contact with Hopper. "Yeah, I'm sure." He spoke simply, Murray shrugging. "Well, I- I suppose it could be wrong." Murray spoke, Seb's eyes widening a little. "How could it be wrong?" Hopper's voice raised, scanning the paper that Joyce held.

"The code is a number, a famous number. Planck's constant I thought- I knew it." Murray spoke quickly, Seb confused. "What's Planck's constant?" He asked, Dustin and Erica confused. Murray and Hopper continued arguing, Seb sighing. "You know it?" Erica asked Dustin, him shaking his head. "Not by heart. You?" He asked, Erica scoffing. "I'm not a nerd, nerd." She shot back. "He told me it was Planck's constant, which I know." Murray spoke as Seb shrugged. "Why would I need him to give me a number I already know?" Seb slid down the wall, Erica confused as to why Dustin started changing the channel on the Cerebro. "What are you doing?!" She asked, Dustin ignoring her. "Suzie, do you copy?" Dustin asked, Erica very confused.

Dustin repeated himself, hearing a girl's voice. "I copy!" She spoke, Dustin shuffling. "Suzie!" He let out, the girl sounding just as excited. "Dusty-bun?" She asked, Erica looking to Dustin slowly. "Dusty-Bun?" She asked the boy, Dustin ignoring her again. "Where have you been?" Suzie asked, Dustin sighing. "I'm so, so sorry. I-I've been really busy... uh, trying to save the world from Russians and monsters." Dustin spoke, smiling once he heard Suzie's giggle. "Of course you have." She teased, Erica gagging. "Just get the goddamn number already!" She urged, Suzie hearing her. "Who was that?" She asked quickly, her playful tone vanishing. "It was..." Dustin stammered, Erica watching him judgingly. "I don't know, actually. I think it was just some interference." He made up, Erica letting out a slow sigh.