ONE

it was the last bell for sophomore year. i was sitting next to gracie and we were currently watching the grinch. yes, the grinch.

nobody was really paying attention, we were all playing on our phones. classic teens for ya. me and gracie were playing imessage games, i was winning.

"damn it riley!" gracie whisper yelled so nobody would look at us. i had just won 8 ball.

"sorry, maybe you just suck?" i said, trying not to laugh. we both got distracted and by our 3rd game of 8 ball the bell rang. the halls were flooded with students trying to push through to get out.

me, gracie, reese, and gia have this tradition where we go to dave n busters every time its christmas break, spring break, fall break. and we always meet at gracie's car.

"i heard a lot of the sophomores are going to dave n busters too. maybe we could meet up with them?" gia asked.

"yea of course! you know i'm always down if there is boys." gracie said, i rolled my eyes. she is head over heels for any boy that keeps eye contact with her for over a second.

"can't there be a day were you are not talking to a boy?" i asked, putting my seatbelt on.

"for real!" reese said, agreeing with me. gracie rolled her eyes and drove to dave n busters. after a silent 10 minutes we arrived, chase works part time there so we get cards for free, we just can't get prizes. but we never complain.

when we made it to the arcade it was like every sophomore was there.

"maybe we can expand our friend group this way?" reese asked.. weirded out by how many people were here.

"can we just get food first?" gia asked, i agreed so we went off to get food while reese and gracie went to play games. she ordered her usual, chicken tenders and fries, and i got 2 pizza slices.

i watched all the kids in my grade play games, some winning a lot of tickets and some losing big time.
gia broke the silence with her slurping the rest of her sprite.

"seriously?"

"what, i was just trying to get ur attention. this boy keeps pointing at you and talking to some other guy." she said, my eyes widened.

"wait what"  i said, shocked. i tried to look around but i didn't see anybody pointing at me, i thought she was lying.

"i think ur lyin-" i got cut off by my phone notification. i picked it up and saw i had a instagram dm.

Jaden
onwardjdub

hey! i saw u sittin at a table with
a kirkland girl, you looked cute
so i had to slide in.

i was in shock, i forgot the kirkland's were somewhat known through out the school for the drama gia got into last year.

"soo.. what does it say?" gia said, looking at me excited. i showed it to her and she squealed. "girl it is the jaden walton dm'ing you. you have to respond! he's on the baseball team! i know you like baseball guys."

i responded after having it on read for 5 minutes.

oh! i saw ur profile, you
don't look to bad urself!

ty ty ,  u wanna hang for a bit
since u here?

i looked at gia, and then glanced at reese and gracie before typing again. she nodded, and told me not to worry about them.

yea sure! where do you wanna meet?

we can meet by the prizes
if u cool with that

okay! see u in a few

aight

gia ran and got reese and gracie to show them, and tell them im going off with a boy.

"wow, im proud of you riles! normally i would be wandering off to a boy." gracie said, proud of me. usually i would be sitting in the corner watching my friends.

"ok ok i gotta go, i cant keep him waiting!"