𝐭 𝐡 𝐢 𝐫 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Do what?" Clary asks another question.

"Parabatai tracking." Izzy says.

"I want one." I say making Izzy smile.

"Of course they are." Clary whispered.

"When parabatais track, their power grows stronger." Izzy says.

"Jace looks like he has to use the restroom." I say. They chuckle.

"Jace and Alex are gonna track Magnus together." Izzy says.

"This whole parabatai situation seems oddly intimate, if you ask me." Clary says.

"One, jealous much, two, nobody asked you." I tell Clary making her glare at me.

"You don't know the half of it." Izzy says.

"They look like they're going to kiss." Liv says making me laugh. They pulls apart.

"Got him." Jace says.

We go into a warehouse

We go into a warehouse. He's supposedly here. "Magnus' lair is right behind that fence." Jace says pointing the a fence.

"Magnus lives in a warehouse?" Clary asks.

"Not exactly. Warlock glamour." Jace says.

"Something must be wrong. It's far too easy to get this close." Izzy says.

"His protective wards must be down." Jace tells us.

"You... don't get in the way." Alec tells Clary.

"At the fence there are two men fighting. "Oh, god! Valentine found Magnus!" Clary says.

"Daddy?" A little girl says shaking a man's body. I can't help but to feel a tear slip my eye. Poor girl. "Daddy, get up, please!" She says. A man comes behind her.

"Watch out!" I say and kicks the bad guy. I grab the girl. Clary goes besides me.

"Clary Fairchild. Valentine will be so pleased to meet you." He says. He goes to strike at Clary but Izzy's whip gets his arm. Jace throws a knife at his back making him go down and die.

"Thanks for that." Clary says to Jace.

"Anytime." Jace says.

"Stick close. It's safest if we stay together." Izzy says.

"It's okay. I won't leave you alone, I promise." I say to the little girl.

"Magnus

"Magnus." I say. He looks towards us. I let go of the girl as she runs to him and hugs Magnus.

"Go join the others, my dear. This is not place for a little girl. Go." He tells the little girl. "I heard what you did for Zoe. You risked you life without hesitation to save a young warlock child." He says to Clary.

"She was just a girl and she was in trouble. I had no choice." Clary says. This bitch. Taking credit. I glare at her.

"You always have a choice. You're not like the others, Clary Fairchild. Most Shadowhunters protect Downworlders out of sense of duty but you saved Zoe because of what was inside your heart." He tells her. No soul is want she doesn't have.

"Your more like your mother than you well ever know." He says.

"Magnus, please... you can't hide from this battle. Look, Valentine, he found you once, he will find you again. We need to work together. Help me." She says.

"I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand. Now, I warn you... retrieving your memories will not be easy." He tells her.

"I will do what I have to do." She says

"All right. But we're not safe here. The lairs location has been compromised. Hold tight, everyone, we're about to love."

"Nosy are we." Liv says besides me. Blue comes out of his hand and vibrates all around.

"Ah, much better, ugh, it's inevitable. After each move, I get the itch to redecorate." He says. "Normally, I love a dirty lair but this one is just sloppy." He says looking at me and Alec.

Alec squints his eye at him. Alec walks across the room. Me and Magnus watch him. "I believe in payment for services rendered. Thank you for defending the warlocks." Magnus gives Izzy the necklace.

"I couldn't." She says.

"Oh, but you could. And you should. The Lightwoods have been wearing this for years." He says putting it on her. "Besides, this would look silly on your brother." I giggle.

"About Alec, is he more of a flower or cologne man?" He asks Izzy and me. I snort.

"Okay, how do we summon the memory demon?" Clary says interrupting us.

"Are you certain? Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal." He tells her.

"I'll do anything to save my mother. Where is the demon?"

"Okay. Pretty boy, get your team ready." Magnus motions for Alec. Jace goes but Alex stops him.

"I'm not talking about you. I'm talking to... you." Magnus points at Alec.

"Yeah Jace, he's talking to pretty boy Alec." I snicker. Alec smiles but when he looks at Jace he shrugs.

"Come with me." Magnus walks away.

❀