chapter 8 - SHIT SHIT SHIT

Start from the beginning

       "Glass, salt"

       "What is one thing you like about me?"

       I giggled into her chest, focusing on breathing and holding her tightly, "I love how formal you are, I love your whispy voice, the texture of your skin, the softness of your lips, the brightness in your eyes. I love the way you can relax me, I love how you are comfortable with me and make this a safe space, I love being here... with you." I yawned and squished my whole body closer to her, and she kissed the top of my head.

       "Good Night, Lake," she tapped her neck softly, three chinks slowly echoing through the cave, I nuzzled myself deeper into her chest, pulling her closer to me.

      "I love you too, Darling."

________________________________________________________________________________

       I woke up to Ametrine still holding me tightly, being gentle as though I would break any moment. Today my body has chosen violence, The baby was kicking a lot harder than usual and I felt nauseous, a little scared for today, Ametrine opened her eyes to see me staring, and she gave a bright smile before moving to sit up.

       "How are you, boo-boo-kitty-fuck." I sat up and looked at her with a look of pure 'what-the-absolute-fuck-does-that-mean' glossing my face. "I heard a human call this to their 'lover' that once.." She explained slowly backing away from me, a bit scared of my facial expression.

       I shifted my legs over the bed and let my feet hit the floor, tripping over the blanket still wrapped around my torso. "Shit" I mumbled, crawling from the mess on the floor, Ametrine helping me up.

       "Bunny, why don't you come to eat?" She said leading me back down to the pool and offering a bowl of mixed fruits. I took it and ate the strawberries first, my cramps becoming worse. I sat the bowl down, throwing up into the pool, Ametrine pulled my hair back, the purple now fading.

       My cramps getting more and more severe, my body was hot and it was hard to breathe. I took in several sharp breaths, still tasting the acidness. I felt my chest burn. my pelvic area felt like it was being ripped apart centimeter by centimeter.

       "Ame." I growled through the absolute agony, my insides feeling crushed and contracted, "Get me to the hospital now... I'm in labor." She gently rolled me to my back, giving me a small look of confusion. 

       "Can't you hold that? we have to wait until the baby emerges for you to continue with your reproductive reload...."

       "SHIT AMETRINE! GET ME TO THE HOSPITAL I'M LITERALLY HAVING A FUCKING CHILD!" Ametrine flinched at the sudden territorial vipers from my mouth, silently picking me up and speeding to the hospital, through the waterfall. I whimpered at the movements, the huge bouncing from Ametrine felt worse than lying on the floor.

       Ametrine kicked the door, it opened and she screamed inside, "HELP SHE'S IN LABOR" Ametrine put me in the nearby emergency wheelchair, being very gentle in lifting my legs onto the steps, A young nurse gives Ametrine a clipboard, pushing me towards an elevator, my body was hot and in pure lava, I felt sweaty and gross and like I'm dying. Ametrine fills out pieces of the form like my name and age, she leaves out a few of the signature stuff and medical conditions.

       The nurse left us in an empty room, taking the clipboard to get the wrist bracelets. Ametrine sat next to me, the contraction finally calming down a bit. Ametrine took the remote and flipped through the channels, unsure of what to say.

       "What should we do... we have to get jobs and a place to stay, we can't let her know about the mean side of the world..." I whispered, Ametrine putting on some old cartoon. she gave a sad sigh, laying her head beside me.

       "I already have it planned... I was waiting to ask you... I thought we had more time, I already have a job... sort of... in this apartment building I get to live in the basement for free with a maintenance job... the basement has two spare apartments, I was going to ask if you could stay in the ot-"

       "or I can just stay with you," I whispered, letting my body seize up in pain, my lungs felt like collapsing my pelvis was hurting like hell, Ametrine left little kisses from my forehead to my nose. A nurse stepped in with a measurement tool, I followed her directions step by step, pausing to breathe heavily during a contraction.

       "Good news... and bad news, the good news is you should be ready to have the little one soon, bad news, your cervix isn't open enough, based on this rate we might have to do an emergency c-section." I looked at Ametrine.

       "can't we just do a c-section? I don't think I can go through natural birth," Ametrine looked confused, and very patiently waited, "I can barely handle period cramps, and those hurt like HELL!" I gasped at the last word, feeling my body start to hurt much more, The nurse looked over at Ametrine cautiously.

       My head began to feel light and my vision grew blurry, I blinked a few times, letting my lungs close and my eyes drift... I'm falling.