13: ̗̀➛ Together or apart

I use this last day of my days off to visit the top of the cliff, after me and Tartaglia had been met with an unusual incident we parted and I decided to go here

I use this last day of my days off to visit the top of the cliff, after me and Tartaglia had been met with an unusual incident we parted and I decided to go here... For your information, the guy bringing us here on the carriage turned out to be a whopper flower aiming to assassinate us but luckily I noticed in time for us to be safe and escape. When we got to the bright and loud harbour, a fatui agent came up to us asking for some help from the ginger which meant I was alone for the time being.

I decided to make use of Liyue's beautiful cliffs and mountains for a relaxing afternoon and sat on a lone log, after all that travelling this week between Liyue and Mondstadt it's been a hard time for me thinking about whether I want to stay here ; it just doesn't seem right to though so tomorrow I'm gonna bring my saved up money to Mondstadt and stop paying rent for the small place I bought here. I also wasn't able to meet Xingqiu or Xiangling before coming up here, it's not like it matters but I thought I should let myself know anyways. Am I seriously talking to myself?

I shouldn't be thinking about that stuff now, I should just be relieved that places like this are real and I did say I was gonna be relaxing for the time being. Quiet grunts could be heard behind me paired with light footsteps on the grass, I could tell who it is.
The person brings themselves to sit on the log next to me and I just sigh. I catch myself almost grinning.

"Can we talk?"
The indigo-haired man had his hand on my shoulder slightly rubbing it for a second.
"Sure, it's not like I have anything else to do and I also would like to talk about something."
He seemed reluctant at first before speaking as his mouth was ajar but I just looked at him and took the hand off my shoulder to hold it.
"Why? Just... Why did you have to tell them?"
I froze. What? I don't understand what he means by telling them?

"Don't look all confused and innocent, I know what you did. Acting like you didn't tell a whole Archon about me? And you know who I am, right?"
Oh. I did but it's not gonna affect anything in our confusing relationship which we still need to talk about. Wait a damn minute did I hear that correctly? I certainly don't have an archon as my friend.
"Answer me."
"...Yes I do know who you are..."
"That's what I thought. I thought I could trust you but who knew you were friends with a God, that's fine I really don't care about your friends but telling them about me is not safe especially because of my 'cruel' atmosphere."
I don't remember being friends with a God unless he means Venti, I must say now that I think about it he has stayed young for years and I never thought of anything weird about it. That's really... weird that he never told me anything about it. His hand snatched out of mine in a quick motion and he crossed his arms.

"You and me. We are not fit to be together you understand me? And I only gained the trust of you to help me during missions, nothing more nothing less. You know what, I'm lying. I was hoping for us to stay one day together and then go our separate ways since who would want to be with you, it didn't happened though."
Silence was overpowering everything except his voice that rang in my head over and over again repeating those dreadful words. He then continues his rant,
"You just couldn't resist letting all those words out your mouth to those friends of yours, I'm embarrassed for you. Y/n."

"Why are you not talking! This was a useless conversation, you seem more focused on other things than what I'm saying. Think about what you've done and maybe be more careful on who you choose to befriend. Then you can talk to me."
"Wait but he was someone I knew since forever and- and friends always tell each other things!"
My face just had embarrassment written all over it, I just covered it and heard him get up walking away.
"Scara, I'm sorry-"

"We aren't supposed to be together."

Of course. This kind of trope has always ended up tragically, someone falling in love with a villain and receiving hatred and punishment for it. If only we could run away together both in love and keep our dignity at the same time, we could only dream or I should say I could only dream. I have no meaning to him, just a puppet in his eyes so he could take advantage of me one day and let me die regretting my choices. What was I thinking? If I would've just walked home that day none of this would have happened, but now I'm in for a shock as I feel wetness under my eyes slowly moving down my face to reach their end.

That stupid man is so rude for no reason, he has no sense of feelings and doesn't even feel bad about being mean to people who are right in front of him. You know, I thought he was gonna have character development especially after THAT moment but no maybe next year. Fuck it, he's never gonna change with that attitude.

I'm not the type of person to receive comments like that, actually I never had anyone say that to me except him, the person who wasn't supposed to be with me. It is just by accident that we met, I just shouldn't have made the choice to go with him. He really is that bad. Oh come on now, stop stating the obvious now. I guess I should just carry on with my normal life like before and forget all of this mess happened, all of this is meaningless. Life isn't fair and I must respect that.

I need to stop chasing after him as if he's the oxygen I need to survive and move on, I'm no protagonist in a sweet little love book where everything is perfect. I think I should head home, can I even call it home anymore? It's not the end of the day yet though and I don't have anything to do. I'll just tell Katheryne about my plans and get everything sorted for tomorrow, I am contemplating to go back on a carriage after what happened in the morning because who knows if the same accident can happen twice. I feel my eyes starting to dry up and my stomach twisting.

When I get back, I walk up the stairs to get to Katheryne and greet her like normal.
"Ad astra abyssosque! Welcome to the adventurers guild. How's the week for you Y/n?"
"It was okay, I'm just gonna say that I'm moving back to Mondstadt from tomorrow so I'll be doing the commissions there."
"That will be great, I'll see you tomorrow for your new commissions to start of the week."
"Mhm."
"Goodbye."

Time skip

In front of me a certain blue-haired boy was heading to my direction and I was guessing some things he will probably say to me. He slightly bows and says,
"Sorry about what I did and I also apologise on Xiangling's behalf-"
I interrupt him casually and reply with,
"It doesn't matter anymore, can you and her leave me alone for a while. Before you ask it's not your fault, something occurred and seeing you both doesn't make it any better."
"We will be sure to visit you another time if that's the case."
"I don't live here anymore, you can save your time and not appear in Mondstadt."
"Ah, well it's always a pleasure to see you so why not?"
"Why are you so insisted on seeing me Xingqiu?"
"Is it wrong to check up on friends once in a while?"
He was starting to annoy me causing me to walk away leaving him hanging.