𝐭 𝐰 𝐞 𝐥 𝐯 𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Magnus Bane." He says. I smile dreamily.

"Magnus." Jace says making him look at him. I glare at Jace. He gets up.

"Clary Fairchild. You've grown into a beautiful young woman." He tells Clary making me glare at her.

"She always gets everyone." I grumble to Liv.

"You'll get used to it." She tells me. "I did."

"Magnus Bane. So you're the one who stole my memories." She says to Magnus.

"At your mothers request. She knew the risk. Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter." He says to Jace.

"Ooh... give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry." Jace says.

"I have to confirm it's authenticity." Magnus puts his hand out. Jace gives it to him.

"Amor verus numquam moritur." "True love cannot die." Oh, how I've missed this jewel." Magnus says.

"Now, it's your turn to pay up." Clary says.

"I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them." He tells her.

"What? Where are they?" She look at him then to Jace panicked.

"I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping." He says waving his hands around.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Jace asks him.

"To protect Clary and the Cup. If Valentine ever captured me, he could torture Clary's memories out of me. Just like he tortured Dot." He says making me and Liv look up fast.

"Tortured?" Clary asks.

"Wait, is Dot okay." Liv asks worried.

"You guys don't know? Dot is dead." He says. I felt everything around me stop. I gasp out. I
Let out a cry. I could feel heat all over me. Magnus looks at me sadly.

"Oh my god." Liv says crying.

"What? How do you know?" I could hear Clary ask.

"I can't feel her magic anymore. Valentine killed her because she would not betray your mother." Magnus says sadly.

"Come with me, Clary. My lair can offer you protection no Shadowhunter ever could." He tells Clary. Jace scoffs.

"No! No, I'm not going anywhere with you." She tells him.

"Don't be a fool. Your mother would want you to live." He tells her.

"Then help me get my memories back from whatever demon you gave them to." She says.

"Valentine is hunting you, too. And every moment we're outside my lairs protection is a moment Valentine gets closer to finding us." Magnus says then he opens a portal.

"Come with me." He says putting is hand out for her to take. She looks at it than to Jace. "I won't offer again."

"No." Clary says. "No, I won't hide from my problems and neither should you."

"Look out." Someone says as an arrow goes into a man's chest. It was Alec who shot the arrow.

"Who are you?" Magnus says looking at Alec.

"I know right." I say wiping my tears beside Magnus. He nods. He looks at him and me then goes straight to the port at but Clary stops him.

"Magnus, wait. You're my only hope."

"Valentine found us. I warned your mother this might happen." He says going through the portal.

"Wait." Clary says but it's too late.

"The area's secure. Looks like he was the only assassin." Izzy says.

"He has a Circle rune on the base of his necks." Alec tells us.

"They found us. It's not safe here. Clary, we have to go. Clary..."

"I swear she's going to kill one of us one day." I say scoffing.

❀