𝐞 𝐥 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Magnus Bane. He over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shield away from the pleasures of every century." Hodge says. I whistled.

"He's hot." I say dreamily as I look at his pictures.

"His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive." Hodge continued.

"He looks like the Downworlders David Guetta." Clary says.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder. Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?" Izzy says.

"Oh my Lordy, lord." I say shocked.

"Can you three focus? This is not a joke." Alec says grumbles.

"No, not with you here." I say bumping my shoulder with his.

"Someone needs to get slayed. I'm pretty sure Ariel's up for the task." Izzy says making me choke on the coffee I was drinking.

"Alec's right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever know. He's has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." Hodge says.

"I would too." I say.

"Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter?" Clary asks.

"Yes, one of the best. Bet "help" might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But most then likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic." Hodge said.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything." Jace says sitting down.

"Word from the Clave is that most warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them." Alec says. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Wait, is Valentine's birthday on Valentine's Day?" Liv asks sarcastically. They ignored her.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn—" Hodge grunts as his rune sizzles.

"Hodge, your rune. Are you okay?" Clary asks him. He just nods.

"So how do we find Magnus?" Clary asks.

"We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding." Jace answers Clary.

"And I know exactly where we do it." Izzy says taking the tablet out of Hodges hands. She pulls something on the scream of a 'tv'.

"A Downworld rave. Nice Izzy." Hodge says.

"And where'd you get that?" Alec says.

"During my surveillance of the Downworlders.
From what I hear, Magnus likes to party." Izzy says smirking.

"Heel never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him." Alec says with him grumpy self.

"Of course he will. Hell blend in. Hide in plain sight." Jace says.

"I don't know, it seems—" Clary says.

"Trust me. If Magnus is coming out of hiding, he's going to one of the biggest parties of the year." Izzy interrupts Clary.

"I would too." I say.