3: nicknames and unexpected partners

DANICA

Today was boring as always. The occasional introduce yourselves and The expectations in the class came around. I was exhausted and somehow I was looking forward to lunch.

My mind was racing towards my short conversation with Zach Preston. It was our first conversation and somehow he proves some rumours wrong. Firstly, He wasn't always a jerk and the guy knew how to smile. He wasn't a bad a guy everyone said he was. Second, He was actually funny and not the cold-hearted asshole everyone says he is. Somehow that shocked me the most.

I was currently in fourth period, I had fifteen minutes left in the clock before Lunch. Our teacher Ms. Owen was sleeping and she gave us an essay to write. The class was, just like her, asleep. I look around seeing that almost everyone didn't bother to write a single thing.

Oh well. We all are just a bunch of lazy kids

I see Ethan, a seat away from me, He looked bored and somehow he wrote a paragraph, judging by the look on his paper. I look at my own paper, I had at least a paragraph too but my head wasn't thinking right.

Suddenly a piece of paper lands on my table. I grab it and take a glance at Ms. Owen who was sleeping peacefully.

Bored?

The note asked. I look around and met a pair of Emerald eyes. They were Ethan's. Ethan Jacobs was just another jock I've fallen for. He knew that but He was kind enough not to actually hurt me. He remained my friend yet he knew that I was over him years ago.

Well, joke's on him.

I wrote on the note slowly making sure that Ms. Owen wouldn't catch us passing out notes.

Yeah. I just wanna get out of here

I throw the note back. He catches it and reads it with a smile. He writes something on it, not bothering the students who were looking at him

It lands on my table and I open it. I try to remain calm as my heart was pounding against my chest.

Is that suggestive? Is the notorious bad girl asking me to get out of here?

I was blushing but I had to hide the smile that was creeping on my lips. I tried to act as casual as possible.

No. dumbass. I just want to go for Lunch already. This subject is boring.

I throw it back to him which he catches successfully. He reads it slowly making him chuckle a bit. He then writes something on it and folds it into a small bit.

I bet even the teacher agrees too. Have you seen her sleep? I am jealous how she could sleep in front of thirty students.

It was my turn to laugh and look at him with a smile. Before I could reply I hear the bell ring and people suddenly jump into life, Ms. Owen included. She looks at everyone and clears her throat.

"Submit your essay's tomorrow." She says and everyone makes their way out of her class. I fix my things and made my way out.

"Hey Danica" someone says from behind. I knew who it was. It was Ethan of course. He wore his signature smile.

"Ethan." I say. We start making our way to the cafeteria together