2. Past & Truths

Entering Kapoor Mansion felt like visiting some Palace. Not only it was a huge house, but due to the Roka ceremony it was being decorated. It was half complete yet it looked splendid. The walls, furniture, decorations coordinated with each other. The stage, perfectly decorated tables, fancy flower decorations, well-suited lights, everything was lavish. It appeared to be some theme decoration. She wondered if there was some dress or color code that is to be followed for the ceremony.

Priya had never been to such a place. Although she had seen such a place few times in the films which Sandy made her watch forcibly. The films, which in her opinion, had basic or purposeless storylines but unnecessarily big houses, too many functions, hypothetically possible circumstances and endless drama.

For a moment, she felt like being on one of those movie sets.

"Priya! You are here already. I'm so sorry for all this," Nandini said suggesting the chaos around. Priya smiled faintly.

"Meeraji informed me that you wanted to talk something important with us before the Roka. So, if you don't mind, can you wait upstairs? It's all mess here. I'll check with Ram and we'll join you," she said.

She ordered Punnu to escort her upstairs, then called Ram.

****

"Ma'am, app kya lengi?" Punnu asked but she refused to have anything. He asked her to be comfortable and call him in case of any assistance.

She looked around. There was a picture of Ram on a wall. She realized she was in his room. It bothered her. Being in someone's room, especially in their absence felt wrong. So regardless to what Nandini said she waited outside.

Standing at the door, she scanned his room. Unlike the things downstairs, Ram's room was simple, good enough with minimal things yet it was spacious. Probably, bigger than her hall and kitchen combined.

If she had agreed to marry Ram, she would have lived here. The thought of living in such a place brought goosebumps to her.

Perhaps, it was the AC too.

She spotted some photographs and couldn't stop but go inside. The wall had many family photos
Strangely, none of them had Ram in it. He was either with his friends or alone. Within moments she realized that she was invading his personal space. So she returned to the door.

When Nandini arrived she asked her to come inside. She informed Ram would be late so she can talk with her without any hesitation.

"Sorry to bother you at this time but I won't take much time. Before entering into this alliance, there are few things about us that you must know," Priya said.

She told her about her father and his other family. She also told her about Maitri and Neeraj. She believed everything should be known before in order to avoid any future complications. She didn't want her past to affect Akshay's future.

Although Nandini didn't like Akshay or his family, Shivina's firm decision to marry him and Ram supporting her made it difficult for her to break the alliance at this stage. Furthermore, she was happy with the fact that Akshay backed off regarding Priya's marriage condition. So she didn't make an issue out of this and let it go.

Priya too assured her about Shivina's well-being and happiness.

****

Driver stopped the car in front of the main gate. While the watchman was opening the gate, Ram saw Priya getting into an Auto Rickshaw on the other side of the road. Without waiting for driver, he got down and rushed his house.

Nandini was instructing some people regarding the decor. He interrupted her,"Mom, woh Priya..."

"Ram, where were you? I called you multiple times," she asked neglecting his questions.

He asked her about priya again.

She told him that she had to discuss something important but it's done now and he must not worry. Then, she asked him to check on few things for the ceremony and left.

****

Instead of preparations, Soods were busy arguing and pacifying one-another.

"Why did you allow her to go there? What if they break the alliance?" Sarika yelled at Meera.

She tried to pacify her. Meera explained her that it's only for best if they tell everything before.

Meanwhile, Sara rebuke Akki for denying the proposal on Priya's behalf. She said it was a bad idea to discuss about marriage with Priya. With her debating skills, it was nearly impossible to convince her the other way around. Instead now she made him believe her side and got away again.

He tried to explain her that there was no point if she would have married just for their sake. Besides, it was unfair to keep Shivina waiting.