Chapter 3 - Lake

Pulling my car into the parking lot packed with a huge amount of cars as well as students I notice her

Pulling my car into the parking lot packed with a huge amount of cars as well as students I notice her. She is standing near her best friend. Her hair is pulled into a loose bun as her sundress follows in the breeze. She walks nonchalantly across the lot to a car pulling in.

The car is a shiny red Corvette that glistens under the blistering heat of the sun. The car comes to a stop and she haults. Moments later Estella runs out the car running to Aspen. Aspen grabs her friend and hugs her they both burst out laughing seconds later. Then Estella walks toward Brielle who leans against the hood of her car. But Aspen doesn't follow rather she walks up to the car sticking her head in through the drivers window.

"Uhmmm.. Apollo your blatant staring is very obvious if you don't know." Atlas smiles but that quickly changes when I slap my hand across the back of his head.

"I wasn't looking at anything." I bite out watching Aspen smile before bidding the car goodbye.

"I think you are looking at something and that somethings name is Aspen." he snickers pointing to the brunette walking toward her friends. "Just admit you think she is attractive." once those words left his mouth I just saw red.

"Why the hell would you even think that. I hate her." I can feel every vein in my neck pop out.

Atlas stays silent shaking his head then moments later shouting out the window to a bunch of our friends. My mind can't help but go back to the words that he said admit you think she is attractive how can I when I don't. Every guy in school swoons after her and she knows it very well.

The way she subtly shifts her hips seductively side to side when she walks. The way she bites her lip when she is nervous. The feline like way she moves. It's everything about her that I hate. She is a little brat that's what she is. Nothing more then a fake barbie doll whose only good for parading around.

Turning off the engine I pull my keys out of the ignition before opening my door. Stepping out the sun strikes into my eyes blinding me for a moment but then I feel someone pulling my hand. Squinting I see Ivory standing in front of me. Her brown eyes boreing into my. She looks at me silently for a second before speaking.

"So I haven't seen you since Aspens party last week." she says it like she is waiting for an explanation from me.

From the time I know Ivory she has always been this way. Ivory and I have been best friends since the time I moved her when I was twelve. She didn't see me as anything other then a friend that's what I love about her. And that her parents make the best food I have ever tasted.

"I've been busy Ivy." I explain but she gives me another questioning look. "That's the truth."

"Hmmm well all the boys have been waiting for your arrival." she rolls her eyes before before walking away.

"For?"

She just shrugs me off disappearing among the cars. Couldn't be anymore vague than that. I huff out a long breath before turning and walking to Atlas and out group of friends. I want to turn and go away when I see Willow Berkeley. She is standing there looking at me shamelessly. Ignoring her I walk up to my friends.

"Windsor." Blaze greets.

"Blaze." I just lift my chin in greet.

"So Apollo any plans for tonight." the high pitched voice of Willow rings in my ears. I just ignore her starting a conversation with one of the guys. "So Apollo you ready for tonight." she takes a strand of black hair twirling it around her finger.

"What?" I snap at her. She jumps a little startled at my tone. Tonight is Gifting. It's basically a night where girls go on a so called auction and each guy has to bid a certain amount of money for her. This raises money for our school. It's been a senior tradition since Aura Academy had opened up. Basically the girl who you pay money for spends the entire day with you.

"Who are you going to bid for?" she smiles shyly at me.

"No one." I say bluntly turning away from her and walking back to my car.

The boys follow me back to the car and I don't miss the expression Aspen has on her face as she looks between Willow and I. She searches my face for a reaction but I don't give her one. That's one of Aspens faults she is very nosy wanting to know everything about everyone and how they feel. Aspen doesn't want to know all the types of things I feel especially toward her.

Leaning against the hood of my car I watch her intently. She acts like she doesn't see me but I can she see stiffness in her body. The way she shifts every now and then glancing my way. I run a hand through my hair before turning away.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink." I say before leaving.

The twigs crush beneath my shoe as I make my way to the little shop. Pulling the glass door open the bell rings above me. The cashier sitting at the front gives me a flirtatious smile. Her brown hair pulled into a big bun atop her head and brightly colored lips make it hard to not notice her. I roll my eyes before looking away and walking to the fridges.

The fridges look old like it has not been cleaned in a while. Opening it up the coolness hits me. Scanning the fridge I grab a can of soda. Suddenly the door swings open revealing Aspen. Golden brown hair cascades down her shoulders, her chocolate brown gaze settles on me for a moment before they avert somewhere else.

Turning away I walk to the cashier. The girl smiles brightly at me her red lipstick popping. I pass her my item before glancing back to look at Aspen. She searches the fridge before grabbing a can of orange soda then she turns on her heels walking toward us. Pulling out some cash I give it to the cashier.

"Hi I'm ava." she beams at me. I crack open the can on soda before saying anything. Lifting the can up to my mouth I take a swig of it.

"I'm Apollo windsor." I lean against the counter waiting for realization to hit. It takes the girl a few moments before she realizes who I am.

"As in Windsor Inc." she gulps down but before she can say another word a can slams on the counter catching our attention.

"Instead of flirting with people like him could you do your job. I have been standing here for a while." the voice barks. The cashier looks Apsen up and down before taking the can. "It's disgusting what people will go for nowadays. Boys like him." I hear her mutter under hear breath.

Stepping forward I stand right beside Aspen. She turns her body in my direction her eyes shooting up to look into mine. Grabbing my can off the counter I pour it on her top. Her mouth opens in shock before anger takes over her entire face.

"Watch what you do Windsor." she belts out. Looking me dead in the eyes. Ahh I love getting a rise out of miss perfect.

"Or what Sinclair."

"Watch your back Apollo." she puts forth before grabbing her soda and swiftly leaving the store.

What was that some sort of threat from pretty princess. I doubt she has it in her. Poor thing could never hurt a damn fly. That's the thing about Aspen soft spoken and delicate. Everyone in town treats her like a piece of fragile glass. Something I want to break piece by piece, bit by bit. Till she can no longer take it.

"So do you want my number?" I completely forgot that the cashier was even here.

"No." with that I fling the can of soda into the trashcan before leaving the store.