Chapter 6: This is new

Start from the beginning

"You have something I want, which you will give-" He then pointed the claw at him, his expression now turned serious, with a dissatisfied frown on his face. "-to Zim. Then you can expect the reward you're so desperate for."

The students were confused at first, wondering what it was that he was talking about. But they soon stopped caring, as they saw Dib clenching his teeth together, his grip around his arms tightening.

"Oh...so that's how it is."

"Yes, do you understand now, stupid worm!" Zim hissed, his body lunging forward as if he wanted to snap at Dib with his sharp teeth. Still, Dib stood perfectly still. Which the students knew was weird, as Dib had always been paranoid about Zim, and would act like he was about to pull out a knife and stab him, whenever he made any sudden motion towards him. Which in this situation, only fueled their impression that shit was about to go down.

"Oh don't worry. I understand. I understand perfectly." Dib replied coldly, reaching for something from inside his trench coat. A wave of fear washed over the students, and the most level-headed of them made a b-line for the nearest exit or window. None of them dared to try to guess what he was about to pull out. For all, they cared he could pull out a samurai sword. What they cared about, was the epic fight that was about to commence. A fight that would be remembered for the rest of history, and would mark this building forever as a memorial in remembrance of the two psycho kids who would, unfortunately, kill each other on this faithful day. Ending once and for all, the biggest menace this school has ever faced.

Zim looked impatiently at Dib, as he slowly pulled out something from his back. Dib kept a cold look in his eyes, as he pulled the item out of his trench coat, and held it out to Zim.

What was in Dib's hand, was a bag, with the symbol of a popular donut chain on both sides. The spectators who had held in their breath for nearly a minute now, awkwardly let it seep out of their mouths, as they looked at the bag in confusion. Not even disappointed, just confused.

Zim chuckled to himself, before reaching out to grab the bag. Dib yanked it bag a few centimeters, just out of the alien's reach. Zim kept his arm in the air, as if in shock that the bag had been taken away from his grasp. He looked at the empty palm of his hand, before turning his face to Dib with a frustrated glint in his eyes.

"Give Zim the bag, now!" He commanded, stomping his foot in the ground, with an angry grunt. Dib would be amused if it wasn't because he too was impatient to get his share of the deal.

"You know what we discussed, Zim. You have to give me some alien technology in return, understand? I'm not going to give you these donuts out of the kindness of my heart." Dib explained, his cold attitude replaced by one of annoyance. Even Zim's expression had changed as he now looked just looked displeased with the situation. Specifically, the part where he had to give something away.

He mumbled to himself something about 'stupid human hearts', before disinterestedly fumbling around in his PAK, looking for something. He continued for a few moments, while the human watched, getting more irritated with each second that passed. Then, Zim suddenly let out an *ow*, his face twisting in pain. The pain then seemed to disappear, as fumbled for about another second, before stopping and pulling the object out. It was something small, as his hand was able to close completely around it. He took it over to the table, placing it carefully on its surface. When he finally removed his hand, it was revealed he had been holding on to a single purple screw, which looked very out of place when compared to the almost empty table it was now on.

Dib was too occupied with staring at the screw in total disbelief to notice Zim calmy taking the bag out of his hand, before opening and inspecting its contents. His head slowly turned from the screw, over to Zim, who looked surprisingly pleased with the selection of donuts.