Ghost Stories

"Aaaand check," Twilight spoke as she checked off the next item on her checklist.

"I'm so glad we decided to have a sleepover again, darling. This night has been so much fun so far," cooed Rarity as she walked over to the window. Although it was closed, the library's window pressed in slightly from the sheer force of the wind. It had seemed like the storm was going to last the whole night.

"Mighty strong storm we're havin', ain't it? Ah heard Cloudsdale had to make this storm three times what they had planned on due to the lack of rain lately," Applejack spoke to Rarity as they both peered out the window. The thick trees seemed to bend like straws from the sheer pressure of the wind; the occasional lightning strike would illuminate the dark background of Ponyville.

"How does it look out there, girls?" Twilight asked as she approached them.

Applejack and Rarity both displayed worried looks on their faces.

"Well, ya can see that it's gettin' pretty bad. Ah hope Granny, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom are alright," the farmpony spoke softly, almost having her voice drowned out by the large drops of rain striking the roof and walls of the library. Applejack's frown slowly crept up into a smile.

"'Course Ah I know that we've been through worse. Ah'm sure the farm'll be alright."

Applejack gulped.

'Ah hope.' she thought to herself.

"Of course they will be, Applejack, and...Well, I'm certain that Sweetie and my parents are fine as well, but I cannot say that I do not fret for them. Luckily, I know that my parents are smart and they wouldn't let a silly storm get the best of them," Rarity assured herself and her friends with a sheepish smile.

A bright flash came from outside the window.

BOOM

The sudden shaking of the treehouse frightened everypony in the room and caused them to jump.

"Girls?! Are you still in here?!" yelled Twilight as it became so dark that she couldn't see her hoof in front of her face. She then lit the tip of her horn with an illumination spell, casting a pale light over her friends.

"Twilight, what on earth as that?!" asked a shaking and terrified Rarity.

Twilight slowly walked over to where the edge of the library table stood and levitated a lantern from underneath the cluttered books that lay underneath the table. The unicorn quickly flicked the switch on the lantern and brought it to life, illuminating four enchanted fireflies from within the lantern.

"I think a bolt of lightning hit the library and knocked the power out," Twilight spoke as she levitated the lantern to the middle of the room and sat it down on the floor. Rarity and Applejack slowly made their way over to the center of the library. Twilight sat down, flustered. "Great, this is just what we needed. Now the sleepover's ruined!" yelled Twilight in frustration.

"C'mon, Twi', don't be silly," Applejack told her comfortingly. "We can still have fun; we can just gather 'round and tell stories 'till the pegasi fix the power."

"Yes, there's no reason to be upset, darling. It's just like I said earlier, there is no reason a silly storm should get the better of any of us," Rarity spoke.

Twilight seemed to be down, until her eyes widened as she had an epiphany.

"I know, we could tell scary stories like we did last time, since Spike is visiting Canterlot for a few days! He's not here to get too scared, so we can make them as scary as we want." Twilight happily exclaimed.

Rarity and Applejack happily smiled.

"What a wonderful idea!" Rarity exclaimed. She then looked over to Applejack.