𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

    The girl was way too tired to put in any effort on her makeup so she told Vereena, her handmaiden, to keep it simple–her face was adorned in light concealer, bronzer, blush, lip gloss, and mascara. Her jewelry, too, was light; a simple gold chain necklace and bracelet with a variety of dainty layered rings.

    She walks out of the room and raises her eyebrows to see all of Padme and her stuff packed. Noticing her confusion, Anakin strolls over, "morning, my lady."

    "Morning, Ani," she politely smiles, "not to bother, but what exactly is going on?"

    "The Jedi Council has decided that it would be wise if you two go back to Naboo for the time being," Astrid opens her mouth to interrupt the boy, but he quickly shuts her down, "you could still be a target so you'll have to come with us."

    Not wanting to put up a fight, Astrid lets out a small breath, "when are we leaving?"

    "In a few hours," he answers, before his eyes dip down to see Astrid's body, "also, we'll be traveling as refugees."

    "So I'll need to change," she smiles a bit, "thank you for letting me know, Anakin." Astrid pauses a bit, "but I'll need a representative to remain here for the Military Creation Act." Her gaze lands on Vereena, who had been packing her things. Vereena was trained to be a representative if incidents like these happened.

    This was going to be a long few days.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    AFTER SLIPPING INTO A PAIR OF GRAY TROUSERS AND A WHITE LONG SLEEVE SHIRT, Astrid had looked like a refugee–all she needed to add was the gray cloak to cover her face. Her hair had been tied in a ponytail, two small strands falling out from the front framing her face. The makeup put on earlier was still on–her lip gloss had been wiped off after eating, and her jewelry had been taken off.

    All of her bags were packed, she just had to put in the last of her accessories in a small handbag.

    Putting the black bag on the bed, Astrid unzips the chain and pulls out her jewelry containers. Unscrewing the cap of one, the girl pours in her rings, not bothering to be gentle.

    "What did those rings do to you?"

    A voice startles Astrid causing her to jump slightly, her ponytail whipping in the opposite direction as her head spun towards the door. "Oh my- you scared me."

    "Sorry," Anakin apologizes with a cheeky grin. He travels further in the room, leaning against the empty vanity, "almost done?"

    "Almost," Astrid looks back at the gold sitting on the bed. She was very tempted to just shove it in the bag but she knew her mother would kill her if she did that, so she screwed the ring container and pulled out the bag where she put her necklaces and bracelets. "I hate packing, most of the time I make mom do it."

    "Must be nice," the boy chuckles, walking over, "want help?"

    "Only if you want to."

    Anakin picks up a necklace then looks at the bag–inside were three different hooks that you clasp the necklace onto. Expertly, the boy clasps the necklace onto the hook with no difficulty.

    "You're an expert at this," Astrid laughs a little, hooking on the last of her things. "Now I'm done."

    "I'm still not a huge fan of leaving," Astrid admits, shutting the suitcase and zipping it up.

    "Don't worry, now that the Council has ordered an investigation, it won't take Master Obi-Wan long to find this bounty hunter," Anakin reassures, watching as Astrid turns towards the vanity.