"I saw her bite Su-Hyeok's neck." Ji-Min announces in a shaky voice.

I look up, meeting her angry eyes.

Worried, I look back at Su-Hyeok who raises his hand and rubs his neck. He looks at his palm, then shows it to us.

"She didn't bite me." He says. "I'm not bleeding anywhere."

A wave of relief washes over me, slowly realizing what had happened.

I almost bit Su-Hyeok, but Ji-Min saw it and tried to hit me with the chair, and then Cheong-San...

I look at the boy sitting in front of me, biting my bottom lip in worry.

"Put the chair down, Ji-Min." Nam-Ra says coldly, standing in between me and Ji-Min. "You heard Su-Hyeok, Na-Ri didn't bite him."

"But she was about to!" Ji-Min insits, grip on the folded chair tightening.

"But she didn't." Nam-Ra counters.

"Why are you so adamant in defending that... thing?" Ji-Min looks at me coldly.

Something uncomfortable twists in my stomach, and I look down at my hands in shame.

Cheong-San notices the sudden shift in my demeanor, so he takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers.

"She's not a 'thing'." Wu-Jin steps in front of Ji-Min, trying to pry the chair away from her hold. "She's still Na-Ri."

Ji-Min glares at him. "Of course you'd defend her. Can't accept the fact that your precious girlfriend isn't human anymore?"

"Hey, stop that." Gyeong-Su calls out. "Just drop the chair already, Su-Hyeok isn't hurt."

"None of you understand." Ji-Min drops the chair, looking at everyone with anger burning in her eyes. "Her kind killed my parents!"

"It's not fair to blame Na-Ri for what happened to your parents, Ji-Min." On-Jo says. "Plus she'd never hurt Su-Hyeok, or any of us- even if she's a zombie."

"A hambie." Dae-Su clears his throat.

"A what?" Gyeong-Su scrunches his eyebrows.

"A hambie." Dae-Su repeats. "Half human,half zombie."

Gyeong-Su shakes his head disbelievingly, choosing to ignore Dae-Su.

Slowly, I stand, my head still hung low in shame. "Ji-Min's right. I did want to bite Bare-Su." I look up at Ji-Min with vacant eyes. "I'm just so fucking hungry."

"Na-Ri..." Cheong-San stands up and grabs my wrists. "This isn't you talking."

"It's true." I smile at Cheong-San sadly.

"See! I told you we should kill her." Ji-Min sneers.

"She wanted to bite Bare-Su." Joon-Young sighs. "But she held herself back."

"Isn't that enough reason to kill her?" Ji-Min asks.

Joon-Young taps his chin thoughtfully, then glances at me. "Princess, aside from thirsting over Bare-Su, do you feel anything else? Anything that's not normal?"

"Yah, language." Wu-Jin scolds.

"Psh, jealous much?" Joon-Young mutters, rolling his eyes at Wu-Jin.

I furrow my brows. "I've been hearing things. Like every sound is amplified tenfold." I turn to Dae-Su. "Your stomach's driving me insane."

"I can't help it." Dae-Su frowns, holding his stomach.

"Anything else?" Joon-Young pushes.

"Everything smells weird." I turn to Su-Hyeok. "Bare-Su's scent makes me hungry."