"Anything for my favourite coworker!"

Mulai dari awal

“Forty bucks per picture,” Pitch said snidely. The woman scoffed. 

“The entrance fee is twenty! Why would I spend so much for one picture?” she screeched. 

“I can’t let you in, and it’s a hazard to these two to let them outside. If you’re gonna make extra work for me, I’m gonna need reparations.”

“That's an embezzlement!”

“It’s more of a gouge, to be honest.”

“Honey, please.” The man put his hand on her shoulder, handing Pitch two green bills. He would have felt bad for the man, but it was his own conscious choice to marry the woman. He pocketed the bills and ushered the animatronics out the door. Monty put the smaller child up on his shoulder and the older one wrapped his arms around Freddy, who had his hand on the child's head. The mother and father stood on either side of them. 

“You know, in my opinion-” the woman started.

“Oh wow, you have an opinion? Say cheese.” Pitch snapped a picture with the man's phone quickly. Monty put the child down and they gave each of the animatronics a hug while Pitch returned the man's phone.

“Come back next week for our new and improved show!” Pitch said with feigned enthusiasm. He slammed the door shut once the animatronics were inside, not listening to another word from the woman’s opening mouth. 

“Why didn’t you do that in the first place?” Monty asked. Pitch thought for a moment. 

“I don’t actually have an answer.” 
Thumping and hitting came from Freddy’s chest. Gregory climbed out when it opened. 

“That’s where you were hiding!?” Pitch shouted. Gregory ignored him and turned to look at Freddy. He crossed his arms.

“So, you just call everybody Superstar now?” he asked, pointing at Pitch. The older boy put a hand over his mouth to stifle a laugh.

“N-no!” Freddy stuttered. “Only the ones I truly love!” Pitch looked up from his hunched over laughing. 

“You love me?” he asked dramatically. Freddy nodded.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you!” Pitch said, hugging Freddy.

“Really?” Gregory asked sceptically. “Well who else do you ‘truly’ love?” he carried on with air quotes.

“Well, there’s you, and Pitch, and,” he hesitated.

“Bonnie,” Monty said matter-of-factly. 

“Well, he actually called me Superstar,” Freddy said bashfully. He scratched the back of his neck.

“Bonnie does not seem like the type for pet names,” Pitch scoffed.

“How would you know?” Monty asked, leaning down to Pitch’s eye-level. Pitch stuttered for a second. 

“I-i- uh- Freddy talks about him.” Pitch stepped back, Monty’s face incredibly close. Monty nodded and turned to Freddy. 

“I haven’t told you much about him,” Freddy said. Pitch really didn’t want the others to know that he was rebuilding Bonnie. He’d be an amazing surprise. Or they would get upset with him. Either way, he would prefer to keep it hidden. 

“I have to finish fixing Chica, I’ve left her faceless for long enough.” Pitch pulled his bag onto his shoulders and adjusted his toolbelt to sit more comfortably on his hips. He put his screwdriver away and marched off quickly to Chica’s greenroom.