"Finally! Some action after a long time."
A white-haired, twin-tailed girl said excitedly. She wears a white and yellow shirt on the top with a black body, black long gloves, a bullet belt on her hips, brown belts on her hips and thighs, gray shorts, black thigh highs, and brown boots.

"Don't forget you're still in detention, Idiotka."
Another female with silver hair remarked in a monotone voice said. She wears indigo ribbons on her hair, indigo and red suit, a bullet belt, an indigo dress, and gray and red prosthesis legs.

"Where's the location, Miss Himeko?"
The violet-haired female questioned. She wears a red and black dress with a brown top, red sleeves, black gloves, yellow, black, and red thigh highs, and black and red shoes

"A large part of Seito. You girls better get ready. The soon we move, the better."

"Roger!"

-

He tried to contact his mother through his phone, but he couldn't receive any response. He attempted this several times, in hopes of even receiving even just one response but to no avail. This caused him to panic more, fearing for the safety of his mother. Without a second thought, he disregarded to protocols and went the opposite way.

He heard several pleas from his classmates, chatter from other students, and even some scolding from the instructors and professors but he didn't listen. Their words fell on deaf ears. All he cared about was getting to his mother and making sure she was safe.

Getting through the empty hallways, he now came across a ruined entry to the university. The reason was obvious, it was because of several honkai beasts that razed the place. In addition, there was also some sight of blood which made his stomach flip. Some students and instructors/professors were unfortunate to be caught up, which made him worry even more for his mother.

Just then, he heard a shriek which made him look to the left. From there, he saw a honkai zombie that spotted him, twirling its scythe. It had a tattered uniform just like his, but its body had several glowing pink veins and pale skin. On its hand was a scythe which it twirled.

It readied itself and jumped out and onto him, but Kengo managed to move out of the way avoiding being sliced in half by its weapon. It was unfazed despite crashing onto the concrete that he previously stood on, soon readying itself to pounce on him again.

Kengo attempted to move but found himself that his leg was stuck in between debris. Unable to move, he wasn't able to do anything as the zombie swings its scythe onto him. However, he held his hands up and projected a white energy barrier that not only protected him but also bounced back the monster, leading it crashing away from him.

The man breathed heavily as he looked at himself, having used this mysterious ability that he discovered a long time ago, but he kept a secret from everyone. He looked at his palm, with the energy left over radiating. He never had a thought of actually using it even though he wished to not see it again.

He looked up and saw that the zombie soon recovered. It was about to go right after him to kill him, but it was suddenly separated in half with a clean cut.

Kengo was stunned at what he saw as it was too sudden, too quick but soon was brought back to reality after hearing...

"Are you okay?"

His eyes looked around, only to see a woman his age, with violet hair. She wears a suit akin to that of a samurai but had modern styles to it. Her eyes soon landed on the man, freezing up as she recognized him.

"K-Kengo..?"

"M-Mei..?"

They remained silent for a moment until a pinging sound broke their silence. It was from the female's earpiece, now named Mei. Mei quickly picked up.