Chapter One: Abandoned

A young maiden was doing her morning prayers to Suryadev with a bright smile on her face. Today she was finally going to return home after serving Rishi Durvasa. She was so happy that Rishi Durvasa was satisfied with her service and devotion. She has heard from her father that it was really hard to please Rishi Durvasa as he was a man with anger and his curse will destroy a person's life. But here, she was blessed with a boon that she could evoke any god of her choice using the mantra given by him to begot a child who will have certain qualities of the celestial father.

After completing her prayers, she turned to leave only to turn back once again. She tilted her head upwards a little to see the sun shining so brightly, that she had to squeeze her eyes shut and block her eyes using her hands. A sudden thought ran into her mind and she drifted her hands away from her eyes. She once again closed her eyes, and place her hands together as she recited the mantra given by Rishi Durvasa.  All of a sudden, she felt the atmosphere around her start to heat up aggressively for a very short moment. 

Seeing the changes, she opened her eyes only to see Suryadev in front of her with a small smile on his face. She was shocked and surprised to see him in front of her. 

"Pranipat, Bhagwan Suryadev! Are you actually here for real?!" she asked still not coming out from shock.

"Yes, what you are seeing is real Kunti. After all, you were the one who called me," Suryadev said and Kunti smiled. She can't believe that the mantra worked. 

"I am very happy... I really can't believe that the mantra worked. Thank you so much for appearing in front of me Bhagwan Suryanarayan. I have been devoted to you for so many years and your appearance now makes me feel like all of my prayers have been answered," Kunti said thankfully, not knowing that her whole life was going to change forever.

"If that is what you feel, I am happy for you as well, Kunti. But, now I have to do my part to fulfil the point of the mantra. As per the rules of it, I will now be giving you a son who will have my energy and luminescence," Suryadev said and Kunti who was smiling till now looked at him with full confusion and shock.

"Son?... What are you saying Suryadev? How can I beget a son when I am not even married?!" she exclaimed as a small drop of tears started to fall off her eyes.

"Then, why did you evoke me, Kunti? I am sure Rishi Durvasa told you what will happen if you recite this mantra," Suryadev said sternly as he looked at the young maiden who was now crying. Kunti realised what a foolish mistake she has done.

"I just wanted to see if the mantra worked but that doesn't mean I want to have a child when I am unmarried. I have committed a mistake, Suryadev. Please forgive me for my mistake," Kunti cried.

"Then, you shall bear the consequences for your mistake, Kunti! You will for sure beget a son from me," he said glaring at Kunti.

"What about my reputation?! I am a princess of a kingdom. If I get a son out of wedlock, what will society say about my father and me?! Please show me some mercy! Maybe, the child that you are supposed to give me now, you can give to me once I am married! Don't ruin my life for just a small mistake I made," Kunti screamed as she fell to her knees crying her lungs out. Suryadev's anger was rising minute by minute.

"I can't do that, Kunti. I have to fulfil the aspects of the mantra, right when you say it. The child that you will be begetting, shall be named Karna!" with that he raised his hand and a flash of light went towards Kunti who was cursing her fate. A child appeared in her hands. He had a golden armour attached to his body, like skin and a pair of golden kundals on his ears. Kunti looked back up to find Suryadev gone. 

Her eyes went back to her son, who was peacefully sleeping in her arms. Rage filled her eyes as realised what was going to happen if anyone comes to know about her having a child before marriage. A child was supposed to give happiness to a woman but for her, it was her curse. Her very own son was a curse in her life and she would do anything to get rid of him. Not even waiting for a second, she quickly ran to the hut that she lived in, to find a basket. Once she found one, she walked back and stood in front of the river of Ganga. 

"Look Karn... Look how unlucky you are. You are my life's biggest sin and sins are meant to be washed or flown away in the rivers of Ganga. I can never afford to lose my reputation for a son that I got before marriage. I just hope to never see you ever in my life again!" she said and placed the basket on the river and watched her son flow, in relief.

Kunti walked back to the hut, not even looking back once. Only if she knew that her one mistake... The mistake of abandoning her newborn was going to be the biggest curse in her life. Her one mistake has now changed the boon to a curse. 

**********

That will be the end of chapter one. 

What do you guys think about the chapter? Did you guys see that coming?

Please do vote as well to show me your love and support for this story :)

Follow me on wattpad to get notified of the announcements.

Please do share your thoughts and opinion on this chapter, in the comment section below. Along with that, if you guys have any ideas or scenarios that you all want to see, also share them with me :)

Once again... thank you all for supporting me and will see you guys again very soon :)