What in the name of Vritra is happening to me!? Why am I behaving so...unladylike?...and why does it feel—so good!? I shook my head to clear up the sudden questions and calm my rapidly beating heart... to focus back on my food...and Grey.

As the lunch ended, Grey stood up and looked at me. "Should we leave? It's getting late already." I narrowed my eyes. "Grey, stop being so stiff. Let's just relax for a day. Where are the kids going to go? Let them have a day off from your torturous training." I said cheerfully, hoping he wouldn't drag us back to the academy this soon.

Grey looked thoughtful for a while before he opened his mouth to speak. But just as he was about to do that, the Vritra blooded man approached us. Grey and I turned our heads in sync to look at the man. He stopped right in front of us, and turned towards Grey and spoke in an angry voice. "You—professor or whatever, I challenge you to a duel!"—he paused as a silent gasp escaped my mouth. Turning his eyes on me, he continued—"If you win, you can have her. But if I win, you should stop seeing her. And she will be mine." He said as he pointed at me.

I felt my heart starting to beat faster at the man's words. My eyes instinctively shifted towards Grey—curious as to see what—how—he would react.

Not surprisingly, Grey's face was as calm as ever. He didn't even seem to flinch at the man's words. But—his eyes said otherwise.

I could see the power—aether, inside him start to coalesce as his eyes subtly burned in amethyst hue...slowly mixing with the golden tint. Although he didn't let out his intent, he looked like he will explode at any time.

Just as I was about to stop him from killing all of us accidentally, the pressure and the glow in his eyes vanished. His chest rose and fell in one slow movement as he took in a deep breath. He parted his straight lips and spoke in a calm tone. "That sounds very unfair, seeing that I don't get anything in return."—he paused and turned his eyes on me—"but, I'll do it. Can't let a douchebag like you hang around my lady."

"M-My lady?!" I muttered the words he had just spoke. It took me a few seconds for those words to completely sink in, as my face burned in red and my insides tingled.

Those words uttered by him sparkled up several—thrilling—thoughts inside me as I felt it moving throughout my body, arousing my every nerves and cells.

If it was possible for my body to blush, I'd be looking like a tomato right now. I thought in a sudden euphoria. A ripe and plumpy one at that. I added inwardly as a faint, proud smile crept up my face.

Snapping my head to break out of my delusions, I saw that the two men had already moved along, to the open yard. And they were standing opposite to each other, some few meters away; the Vritra blooded man stood in a duelling stance, while Grey had his arms free on his sides.

I quickly walked forward, finding a spot to watch the duel. The Vritra blooded man spoke up first. "No weapons. I don't want to kill you accidentally inside the Denoir's Estate." He paused and laughed at his own words, before continuing. "Use of mana, to only reinforce yourself. The duel will end when one of us goes down or if one gives up."

Without waiting for Grey's response, the man started running. The mana around him coalesced into a thick layer which had tints of black, showing his Vritra ancestry. He must have runes for wind magic...atleast an emblem. I thought inwardly.

Although I wasn't worried about Grey, I watched him in anticipation to see what he is going to do. I felt like a fan-girl watching her idol perform on stage, as my eyes sparkled and I bit my lips.

The Vritra blooded man was screaming out curses as he closed in on Grey, but the professor was standing there, unmoving as a statue.

It didn't surprise me to see him that way.