Arc 1 chapter 3: introductions, shopping.

Start from the beginning

Kushida came over to us.

"Hello, Ayanokouji-san. It's good to meet you again!" She said.

"Hi, Kushida-san. Yeah, how have you been?" I asked.

"I've been good. Are you going to introduce me to your friends?" She asked, giggling a little.

Ichinose, Kanzaki and Amikura introduced themselves. The group that Kushida was with, presumably made up of girls from her class 1-D, and our group joined together.

We hung out for a little while, but I decided to split. I decided to swing by the convenience store on my way back to the dormitory.

"My, what an unpleasant coincidence."

Entering the convenience store, I ran into the girl who stopped me on the way into school.

"Oh, hello there, um...sorry, I didn't catch your name...My name is Ayanokouni Kiyone. What's yours?" I asked.

"Why are you just introducing yourself like that?" She asked.

"Well, this is our second time meeting, so it would be good for us to exchange names." I explained.

She looked away.

"Horikita. My name is Horikita Suzune." She said, quietly.

"Nice to meet you Horikita! Anyway, did you need to buy something?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yes, just a few things. I came to get some necessities."

There was no shortage of things you needed when starting life in a dorm, especially for girls. Horikita took various necessities off the shelves and promptly threw them into the basket she was carrying. I'd thought most girls would choose higher quality items, but she only took the cheapest options.

A good choice, really. When your 100,000-yen allowance wasn't actually confirmed, it was imperative to spend points wisely. I did the same.

We both continued to shop in silence. I tried to spark a conversation, but I could never find the right time.

"Woah! There's even an amazing selection of noodle cups here! This school is super convenient!"

Two rather noisy male students stood before the instant foods. They tossed a veritable mountain of noodle cups into their basket and made their way to the cash register. Besides noodles, they'd stocked up on snacks and juice. A waste of points, really. Except the noodle cups.

"Noodle cups. They have so many kinds."

These were definitely one reason I'd come to the convenience store.

"Do you really like this kind of stuff? I can't imagine that it's healthy," Horikita said.

"I like them just fine, I guess.

I picked up a noodle cup and examined the price tag. It said 156 yen, but I couldn't tell if that was expensive or cheap. Even though the school had referred to its credit system as points, the prices were all listed in yen.

"Hey, what do you think? Is this price high or low?"

"Hmm. I'm not sure. Why, is there something curious about it?"

"No, I was just wondering."

The store's prices seemed reasonable. One point appeared to really equal one yen. Given that the average freshman's allowance was around 5,000 yen, the amount of money we'd received seemed impossibly large. Horikita, noting my odd behaviour, gave me a quizzical look. I grabbed a noodle cup to avoid suspicion.

"Wow, this is enormous. It's a G Cup, huh?"

Apparently that stood for "Giga Cup." Just looking at it made me feel full. On an unrelated note, Horikita's breasts were neither small nor huge. But they weren't as big as mine 😼.