Chapter 13 - You Suck

Start from the beginning

Jay stood up and shook his head. "He should hire someone then. There's a solution to every problem, May. You always focus on the problem and miss the positive outcome. If he hired more chef, he wouldn't have to work anymore. Hire waitress and you won't have to work there anymore. You become the boss. If you branch out, then you get more profit." Jay said enthusiastically.

May still doesn't seem happy. Why was she never happy?

"Hiro doesn't want to hire a chef because his recipe is a secret family recipe. He can't just teach it to a person who would potentially quit and start hisbown restaurant." May told him.

"Lee May, again, you're focusing on the problem. He can place the ingredients in containers and name it as seasoning one, two, three and so on. Set your imaginations free." He told her, but stepping back just in case she would yell and break his eardrums.

"Whatever. You suck!" She yelled then went to the terrace.

Jay sighed and made another call to his chefs to help Hiro in the restaurant and teach him how Jay does it. He then went to the terrace and sat on the wooden swing with May.

She's looking at the beach, calming herself.

"This is too much for me. All I wanted was to fall in the background and survive another day. All these feelings confuse me. I just want to go back to the old May." She said as she stared at her nail art that's too fancy for her. "I want things to be the way it was before. I just want to walk around and enjoy the little stuff. Back when I had enough, not more. It's too overwhelming. All these high maintenance shit that you're used to. I just want to be me." She muttered.

Jay stared at her and realized how much she's changed in such a short time.

He basically sucked her inside his world, dragging her away from hers.

"Fine, let's be normal for a week." Jay has now made a commitment he didn't think through. It's so not him. Before he makes a move, he usually plan it for a long time but today he just let it go.

May looked at him. Now she just noticed how perfect he is even without any of his fancy suit and tie. How can a person look so fancy even without trying? She had to look away to focus.

"Really? No black card? No buying a restaurant for dinner? No more designer bags?" She asked.

"None of that." Jay told her.

May finally smiled. "Fine! Let's go to the street market to buy affordable clothes." She said grabbing Jay's hand.

"Market?" Jay asked, but May dragged him out without answering.

May didn't know the place yet but she found the street market right away. There are so many souvenir shirts that are made of cheap fabric that Jay has never tried on before.

"This is fashion suicide." Jay muttered, but Mei dragged him inside anyway. She picked some shirt and shorts for Jay and made him try it on.

May's amazed that Jay still looks fashionable in cheap items. He should be his own model for his fashion line. He can work any type clothing.

"You have a really handsome boyfriend." A sales lady whispered to May.

She wanted to argue, but it would give her more stress so she didn't bother. Jay's trying to cheer her up, she should at least try.

"This would look good on you too." Another sales lady gave him more clothes. Jay felt good after being complimented that he grabbed the clothes to try, but May took it from him and put in back on the rack. "We only buy what's needed. Sorry." She said and paid for the items.