Dreaming of You

AN: Sorry for the wrong grammars.

I hope you like this story. This is based on the song "Dreaming of you".

Play the video for the whole song if you haven't heard of it :)

Read.Comment.Vote

__________________________________________________________

"Goodnight!" I yelled to my neighbour-slash-bestfriend as I enter our house.

"You too. Sweet dreams." He yelled back. I smiled. I will.

It's already ten in the evening. I've been hanging out with my group of friends a while ago with my best friend. It's a good thing that it is Friday today which means that I won't have to wake up early tomorrow. I guess that my parents are asleep since the house is quiet and all the lights are turned off. I arrived in my room and threw my things beside my bed. I'm so exhausted that I just slump my body on my bed. I glance on my window which is facing my best friend's room. The lights are visible on his room and after a minute, the lights are off.

By the way, my name is Athena Flinn. I'm 18 years old and will soon graduate high school. Getting over senior year will be a relief. There's nothing really special about me. I am just your plain high school girl that has a crush on the hottest and popular guy in my school which is also turns out to be my neighbour-slash-bestfriend. I know some of you will think that it is impossible that a girl and a boy becomes best friend without one of them falling for the other. And to tell you the truth, I think you're right. It's just oblivious of me at first. But then, I guess I fell for him.

It's amazing how someone can fall in love with a person they didn't even notice the first time they meet them. His name is Zian Carter. I've been best friend with him since like I was four. Just like any best friend, he is protective of me and thoughtful. And I know he cares for me as his best friend and nothing beyond that.

I change into my pyjamas and headed to the balcony. I played some calming music on my phone. I stared up and admired how beautiful the stars are. The street is dark but the moon and the stars are enough to give a little light. Then the first song started. I recognized the song which is entitled "Dreaming of You".

~ Late at night when all the world is sleeping

I stay up and think of you

And I wish on a star that somewhere you are

Thinking of me too ~

Yeah. All I can do was just dream of him. Dreams will always stay as dreams. There are far from reality. There's nothing I could do about how I will feel about him. Just love him from a far.

~Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight

Till tomorrow I'll be holding you tight

And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be

Than here in my room dreaming about you and me~

I hummed with the song until it comes to its end. I decided to go to my bed and drift to a deep slumber with him still in my mind.

~~~

Today's Monday. Another week to go through. I made my way to my school and headed to my locker to get some of my books.