Chapter 2:Lost ally

That happened 37 years ago and I still don't  know how to fix the earth. When these things are roaming around it seems impossible Margaret said. Hopefully Cassipica will wont be to surprised we've come back empty handed I said. Well half of  the building did melt into a pile of rubble Margaret said. Also not to mention we almost got cornered by those cyberchains I said. We heard a scream not to far from here. Did you hear that it sounded human I said. Should we check it out  said Margarete. It could be someone we know I said confidently. We haven't came across anyone in about 6 years Margarete said annoyed. Have you forgotten the people we've served with I said. Ok we'll take a look Margaret said. We raised our guns and approached the building. A few cyberchains noticed us and quickly ran toward us. After a few seconds of dodging and shooting we took out one of them. The other one phased through the wall and disappeared. Margarete garbed my arm and said we need to move. While moving through a corridor we heard a cry for help. When we got close to the room the cyberchain came out of nowhere and grabbed me. I was struggling when Margarete grabbed a pan and hit it in the back of the head. It fell and I garbed my gun and finished it. It squealed as it shrank on the floor. You alright Niles Margarete said worriedly. Yeah I seem fine I said painfully. We heard a thud as we approached the main room. We went in seeing someone fighting a group of cyberchains. We engaged them and took out a few. One of them smacked my gun out of my hands and I took out a dagger. After slashing it and it fell. The women fell and I shot the cyberchain attacking her. I helped here up as Margarete was fighting the others. After a few minuets we cleared them out. The women seemed weak and in pain as she collapsed. I looked at the side of her neck and saw the name Chloe. Whos this Margarete said behind me. Its Chloe one of the younger ones when the project ended. Margarete helped me help her up to her feet. Margarete tried to wake her up as we carried her through the hall. She woke up and groaned in pain. I asked Chloe what happened. She said in a weak voice after my friends where slaughtered and I ran and got ganged up on by those things. She asked how we easily dealt with them. We have unique training that we learned from our chief I replied. Its something that's not from this world said Margarete. We are trying to stop this all together but its hard and we have no leads I said. Whos your chief Chloe said. Cassipica has given us knowledge and the skills to survive Margarete said. Chloe groaned in pain. Don't worry we are almost there I said worriedly.