Filling an injection, he asked for my arm. "I want to keep the baby."

He nodded. "Of course." I gave him my arm. I didn't even feel it. He lowered the table flat so I could lie on my stomach.

"You might be out for a while. Anywhere you need to be."

"Haha." I relaxed, closing my eyes.

"If your back is better, I will turn you over and find out who the father is. Best you were not awake for that."

"Thank You." It caught him off guard... "What a simple 'thank you' too hard to accept."

"No... I wondered what it was about you. And now I know."

***

"Juliet."

I heard Rodrigo call my name, and he softly touched my shoulder. My back wasn't hurting anymore. "You've been here for an hour. They will worry."

"No... there is no one to worry... And no one would think that I was here." I opened my eyes. "I feel... great, Rodrigo. How do you know just what to do?" I sat up, swinging my legs off the table.

"I've been doing this for two hundred years. If I didn't know by now. You would have had to call me a quack... Why didn't you come sooner?"

I took out my phone, shrugging. "Our history..." I sent Louis a text.

Me { Hi }

Louis { Hi. Make it quick in meet }

I sighed. Sad that he had no time.

Me { I want to ask you a favor. Will you not read me for a while. I found out something, and I would like to keep it to myself }

Louis { Sure baby } He left it there. No reply. Offline.

It felt weird. Louis busy. Too busy for me. It was the first time I felt the nagging in my gut.

"Sure, baby?" That was all I got.

"Trouble in paradise?" Rodrigo glanced over at me.

"I wish... What's the verdict, doc?"

"Chris."

My eyes grew twice the size. "What the F-!"

"I know. Impossible right? He is supposed to only be able to have one child."

"What?"

He nodded... "And here, you guys are defying the laws of nature. Again."

I chuckled. "I don't think that's it... Your concoction must work wonders."

"It's a miracle!" We both laughed lightly. Sharing a joke and that moment.

I sat staring at the wall. All the babies that had to die. It didn't seem worth it. The fact that Caleb would not have made it... If it wasn't for them ending up in bottles. The freezer on the other side of the room gave me the willies. I couldn't even imagine what was in there. Cages with exotic animals were still in the room behind us. Loud noises and sounds were still a constant.

"Still finding it hard, I see."

"What? Science. Yeah, you could say that. So tell me the deal here?"

"Come see me every month."

My feet landed on the floor. "Will do, doc." As I walked out the door, I saw one dark room in the corner of the floor space. A little away from everything.

"What's in there?"

"Another experiment. But you don't want to see that one." There was something in the way his voice pitched. The twitch was back. Either he didn't like what he created or was lying. But I wasn't going to push him. Thankful that he was helping me.