Food of kings.....

The week had been grim in our student accommodation. Tempers were fraying due to the face that we had no money and as a result almost no food. seriously we were down to tinned food that neither one of us remember buying, the meat was questionable at best especially since the labels had fallen off. We couldn't ask our parents for money since they had only recently given us some, which we blew on a night out instead of food. That and our loans were due to come into our bank accounts the next day.
So we moped around all day barely talking to each other. Barely even looking at each other which is an achievement in a small 2 bedroom apartment with an open plan living space and one bathroom. We kept this up until we had to eat. I opened a random can from the back of the cupboard in the kitchen which I hoped was tuna from the look of it but smelled like bad bacon and made up some pasta and a glass of water. We both opted to just have an early night to be out of each other's way.
I was awoken abruptly the next morning due to Dom bursting through my door wearing a long sleeved England rugby shirt and a pair of my footballing shorts, wielding a brown McDonald's paper bag and singing in his best (and surprisingly impressive) opera voice "Student loan is here." then throwing the bag into my face he continued "and we can eat like kings." he held the note on kings for an impressive amount of time. At the bottom of the bag was a sausage and egg mcmuffin and a bottle of orange juice. Now he was clearly still unwashed since I could see the crust in his eyes but at that moment I could have kissed him. I took the first bite of that greasy pocket of heaven and sighed then said while still chewing.
"You know someday they'll sing songs about you and your legendary hairy ape arse." Dom looked disgusted at me before saying.
"Don't talk with your mouth full. At least swallow first." I chuckled and replied
"You know it's funny I said the same thing to your mum last night." I took a rather painful punch in the arm before Dom got up to leave the room as he got to the door I said "So what's the plan for tonight Sasquatch?" He didn't turn around but enthusiastically yelled
"WE'LL BE GETTING FUCKING WASTED SON!" Then slammed my door and got into the shower.