03 ✓ tell me what's your motive

"Come on Camille! You dance like you have two left feet!" Mrs

"Come on Camille! You dance like you have two left feet!" Mrs. Belle, our dance coach yells when she enters the room. Practice is almost over and we haven't gone through the second routine without Camille messing up.

I would have jumped in to defend her but I did see her slam a girl's head against a locker. So I just stand back and watch as she basically gets told she's a bad dancer.

I mean it isn't a stretch. Camille is a bad dancer. It still amazes me how she made the team. But I do think Mrs. Belle went a little easy on her considering she's the principal's daughter and all.

"You know what? Practice is over. Go home." She sighs, rubbing her forehead as she leaves the room once again. I glance over at my friends and we try our very best not to burst out laughing. This is the second time we had to leave practice early because of her headaches.

"Well shit."

I slip back on my shoes and grab my things, meeting Geneva, Ash and Keilani by the door. We head out and walk over to the gym. Since practice ended an hour earlier than usual (again) we have some time before we have to leave.

Well only me since my brother drove me to school today, they just decided to stay with me until I leave. My friends and I push open the gym doors and see the basketball team in the middle of a game.

We walk in and sit down on the bleachers. We would have gotten kicked out if my father wasn't the Coach. And he's all about basketball. He got to play in college but never got the chance to play professionally. He never said why.

"Does anyone want some snacks?" Keilani asks as she zipped her book bag open. "My mom overwhelmed our house yesterday so we have extras. These are just the nasty snacks my brother picked out though,"

"What do you have?" Ashanti asks as she and Geneva move to sit in front of us. "I'm not picky but—"

"'I'm not picky' my ass." Geneva mumbles as she peeks inside of Keilani's bag. Ashanti gasps in offense then frowns.

It's the truth though.

"Here." She pulls out two bags of candy and hands them to Geneva. "My brother picked these out for you because he obviously wants you." She gags while Geneva smiles. Lani's brother is thirteen and has a huge crush on her.

"Tell him I say thank you." She smiles, opening the first bag, making Keilani roll her eyes. And Ash grabbing about two or three.

"You know he'll never get over that." She mutters before bringing out six packs of fruit snacks. Lani likes the real fruits while her brother loves the candy.

She hands three to me and three to Ash. "You know what? Just get whatever you want, he won't mind." She places the bag down in the middle of us right before grabbing a bag of chips.

I honestly don't know how she managed to get that many snacks into her dance bag. But I'm not going to question it. Don't need to.

"Cap." Leonardo's voice greets me before placing his body right beside me. "Hey girls." He says over to my friends and they smiled simultaneously.