55

Jucinara's POV

"I hate this place." I mumble as we pull up to Providence Park. "Racist pricks."

Every time I'm in Portland for a game I either get racial abuse online, at the stadium, or when I'm walking around town.

The abuse never happens during the game so nobody gives a shit even though I've reported it to the league every time it's happened.

Annoyingly nothings ever been done about the abuse.

When Talia found out about it earlier this camp, she raised a lot of hell with the the APL front office and a few people got fired for not taking my claims seriously.

"I know you do." Christen says. "If they do it again then we'll walk off."

"Here Press'." Alex says as she hands me and Christen the line-up then my wife and I look at tonight's line-up. 

1-Emma Harris(C)
11-Sarah Gorden
4-Jucinara
20-Alana Cook
15-Midge Purce
19-Crystal Dunn
10-Catarina Macario
7-Sophia Smith
23-Christen Press
14-Talia Martin
9-Lynn Williams

Cairo found out about the racial abuse I've been getting so she's starting the Melanin Magic line-up.

We're playing a 3-4-3 tonight.

Emma's in goal obviously while Sarah, Myself, and Alana are the three center backs

Midge and Sophia are playing right and left mid respectively while Crystal and Catarina are playing as our center mids.

And Christen, Talia, and Lynn are playing up front.

I really like the Melanin Magic line-up.

Once at Providence Park, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers.

Once my stuff is in my locker, my teammates and I head outside for the pitch inspection.

After we've inspected the pitch, my teammates and I head back to the locker room.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, I take out my nose ring, and I take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my tracksuit then I put on my warm up top and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my red boots.

After my boots are on I wait for Christen to do Talia's hair, then, once she's done with Talia's hair, I sit down on the floor in-between Christen's legs to let her do my hair.

"Hi Nara." My favorite Tattoo'd forward says.

"Hi Chrissy." I say then I relax, face forward, and let Christen do her thing.

Christen runs her fingers through my hair for a little bit then she puts my hair into a pony tail just like I like it.

"Thanks." I say then I hug one of Christen's legs.

"No problem." Christen says then she tilts my head back and pecks my lips.

After our kiss, I get up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my white jersey while Cairo does her last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end, we are told to head to the tunnel so Nalu and I do as told.

Once in the tunnel, I line-up right behind Emma then I wait for us to be called out.

Right before we head onto the pitch, I step out of line, walk to the front then I stand in front of the captain and face her.

"Hey Juice." Emma says with a smile.

"Hi." I say then I hug the Keeper

Emma and I hug for a few seconds then I get back in line behind her.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I follow Emma out onto the field.

Once on the field we stand in line for the Icelandic anthem then myself, the rest of the ladies in the starting XI, and most of the ladies on the bench kneel for our anthem.

When our anthem finishes, we stand up then we shake hands with the Icelandic players.

After we shake hands, we take a starting XI picture, Emma does the coin toss, then I lead Nalu to the bench.

"Stay here." I say

Nalu yips and smiles at me so I scratch her head then jog to my position on the field.

Once everyone is in position, we kick off the game.

Like usual when I play for the national team, my main job is to stand on the halfway line is circulate the ball back into the Icelandic half after intercepting passes.

There's only a few teams I actually have to play my best against.

In the 28th minute of the game, Talia gets fouled in the box which earns us a penalty.

"Yay." I say as I stand with Emma on the halfway line.

Emma chuckles then the two of us watch the Icelandic ladies protest and try to stall Talia.

"Do I need to go knock some heads?" I ask.

"Nah." Emma says. "I think Talia's got it."

"JUICE." I hear Talia shout.

"Be right back." I say then I jog down to the 18 yard box.

When I get to the 18 yard box Talia hands me the ball then she walks out of the 18 yard box.

"You know you don't say much." I tease.

"And you do?" Talia teases back.

"Touché." I say as I put the ball on the spot then I back up to the edge of the 18 yard box and wait for the ref.

I wonder why Talia let me take this penalty.

Maybe because we're attacking the goal in front of the riveters section.

"LET'S GO JUICE." Someone shouts from the bench then the ref blows her whistle.

After the ref blows her whistle I begin my penalty run-up which is more of a walk-up.

All I do for penalties, is leisurely walk to the ball then shoot.

When I get to the ball I plant my left foot down then rocket the ball into the top right corner making the score 1-0.

"YEAH JUICE." Crystal shouts then she jumps on my back.

"That was rude." Talia says.

"That's what I normally do." I say.

"Still rude." Talia says.

I shrug then my teammates and I hug before we head back to our side.

"LET'S GO LADIES." Someone shouts from the bench. "LET'S FUCKING GO."