21 | ʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ

Start from the beginning

"Y/N, is that you?" He walks closer. He has a cut on one cheek and a bruise on the other.

"I mean yeah of course it's me." I hold out my hands.

He stops in his steps, "Stop!" He yells. I stop walking. "Tell me something nobody would know!"

"I- uhm... when I figured out you were Spider Man, we were hanging off the edge of a school bus." I utter. He sighs and runs to me and wraps his arms around me.

"Oh it's so good to see you." He pants. I wrap my arms around him.

"Peter, you're going to have to tell me what the hell happened." I ordered. "But come in here first." I pull out of the hug. He then kisses my lips so roughly. "Peter-" I whisper, trying to pull out of the kiss. He then rips his lips off.

"Did you not want to kiss me?" He looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

"No, no. I did. I just think we should get inside the plane." I cup his face. He nods his head. He keeps an arm around me and limps.

Once I get him inside I sit him down immediately. "I uh when i got there, everything just happened so fast and there was Mr. Stark coming out of his grave and me's and you's everywhere. He was tricking me. And I-" He chokes. "I can't think." He grabs his head. "Can you do stitches, Happy?" He asks. "I was hit by a train."

My mouth agapes. "Oh my god, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." He moves his shoulder around.

Minutes later, Happy begins stitching up his shoulder. "Okay, hold still... There we go." Happy says quietly. Peter squeezes my hand tighter and closes his eyes.

"Ouch." He groans.

"I thought you had super strength or something." Happy utters.

"Yeah, but it still hurts." He says with an annoyed voice. He grips onto my hand. "Happy, come on."

"Alright, relax." Happy continues doing his work. "Just a few more."

"Oh my god, Happy!" He bangs his other hand on the table.

"Relax!" Happy shouts. Peter stands up, ripping his hand from mine.

"Don't tell me to relax, Happy!" He yells. I look up at him and he has glossy eyes. "How can I relax when I mess up so badly!" He chokes. "I trusted Beck. RIght? Y/N warned me and I didn't listen! I thought he was my friend. I gave him one of the only things that Mr. Stark left for me and now he is going to kill Y/N and my friends and half of the Earth. So please do not tell me to relax." He begins to cry. He sits on a chair and runs his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry, guys. I shouldn't shout." He takes a deep breath. "I just really miss him." Those words actually break my heart.

"Yeah, I miss him too." Happy whispers.

Peter shakes his head. "Everywhere I go... I see his face. And the whole world is asking who's gonna be the next Iron Man." He Sniffles. "And I don't know if that's me... I'm not Iron Man." His voice is shaky.

"You're not Iron Man." Happy agrees. "You're never gonna be Iron Man. Nobody could live up to Tony. Not even Tony. Tony was my best friend. And he was a mess. He second guessed every single thing he did. He was all over the place." I nod my head in agreement, "But the one thing he didn't second guess was picking you, kid. I don't think Tony would have done what he did if he didn't know that you two would be here after he was gone... Now your friends are all in trouble, your tech is missing. What are you gonna do about it?"