"You won't be fired, don't be so pessimistic," Phoebe assured me. 

I looked at her with my puppy dog eyes. "Okay." 

"Now can we deal with a different subject? Like getting dressed and going out?" She smiled. 

"Is it not too late?" I asked. 

"We're adults, darling." She winked. Our attention was brought to the kitchen when we heard one of my glasses going down thanks to clumsy Josh. 

"Yeah, we really have to get out before he destroys everything. And if I'm going to get fired I won't waste my money replacing plates." I almost yelled but I tried to keep my calm. I was not going to let the vermin of a boss ruin my mood. 

*2 months later.

Heals waking, grips trembling so were my knees, my breath was hitched in my throat as my teeth were jammed together as I held on. We could call it a mountain of files. The files were so much that they covered my view and they were heavy, making things worse for me. I was a woman of exercise but I was not Athena or wonder woman. I was a woman, a real woman who loves heels that dumped her in shit. 

I threw an unstable step as I tried to reach the elevator before my devil of a boss with emerald eyes. I wished there and then that I didn't wear those god damn heels.

Each step I took announced my pending fall, we were walking towards the elevator which meant a lot of other workers were in the hallway. And those workers couldn't miss a moment like that. A Secretary struggling after her arrogant and spoilt boss who didn't slow a bit in steps and kept walking like he was programmed for it while I kill myself behind him.

I somehow believe the people in the company were used to me, the very busy Secretary of Mr. Devil. Who would run the halls and hop into the elevators with a baffling amount of files, her hairs are barely pulled in a neat bun. Everyday. 

Life was hell the time I was working for Mr. Handsome devil with green eyes. But I was getting my pay, more than my expectations. It was all I needed but at the same time, I was wondering if I should quit to something less tiring, hard job pays. Phoebe had always told me, but I don't see who cares how hard you work. 

I heard the shuffling of the elevator as it parted for us to come in. I waited a bit being blinded by the stack of files all I had to do was assume Mr. Emerald eyes had gone in while I waited and launched forward. Bad choice, very bad choice. 

I collided with a hard figure. And the files all dropped and poured out sheets inside them. 

My eyes widened. "I-I'm so sorry, Sir." I blurted while throwing myself down to pick the files and arrange them before the elevator dings or I was fired. It was not the first time. I managed to do so while he glared at me. 

"You should find a job that pays for clumsiness, or would I prefer to say stupidity?" He raised a serious brow at me. 

"It was a mistake." I gulped down the frustration that was building up in my chest.