✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

There, it was done.

All that was left was for Idia to say "sure sure but idk if id really call it a date" or "yeha ofc."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Idia, who saw the message at 12:59 AM, flushed upon reading it. While Ortho had entered sleep mode an hour ago, he was still bent double over his monitor, his fingers clacking away at a snippet of code that had frustrated him for several days.

Cater had referred to tomorrow as a "date" again. And it wasn't, really, right? Idia had never gone on a date with anyone besides the pretty people from the dating sims he played and the visual novels he read through. And besides, people like Cater never invited people like him out on dates—his imagination wouldn't even entertain the idea!

It wasn't as if Idia disliked the prospect of Cater asking him out He was flabbergasted, of course, but far from unhappy. However, after his initial surprise, he had been sure Cater had simply been using the phrase "it's a date!" as an expression. But now, seeing the words "our date" in all caps intrigued him greatly.

Oh, and terrified him.

Definitely the second more than the first.

Suddenly, he was possessed by the urge to cancel, deciding to make it up by promising to have Cater's desired picturesque lobster thermidor delivered to Heartslabyul directly. Actually going out to dine with Cater would no doubt render in the loss of any esteem Idia had gained in his eyes. He knew he would only make a fool out of himself.

But despite this desire, the prospect of the date shimmered in the back of his mind, daring him to take the chance, for despite all the anxiety that he felt whenever around Cater, there was always something so thrilling about their interactions, something that made him feel as if he was ... wanted?

He shook his head at this thought, knowing that what he had to do was cancel. It was better that way.

Idia's fingers were swift in their reply, and he looked mournfully at what he had sent, giving a double-take when he saw what actually glowed on his screen.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

notJustGirls Today at 12:43 AM
heyooo
we still up for OUR DATE tmrw? (edited)

shroudedinidiocy Today at 1:00 AM
yeha ofc

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Huh? What? He hadn't meant to type that!

He was about to edit the message when he realized that the gray circle next to notJustGirls' name now glowed green, signifying that Cater was online, and suddenly, a box appeared that said that notJustGirls was typing.

Idia was too late as Cater wrote: 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

notJustGirls Today at 12:43 AM
heyooo
we still up for OUR DATE tmrw?(edited)

shroudedinidiocy Today at 1:00 AM
yeha ofc

notJustGirls Today at 1:00 AM
awesome!! i'll meet u there @like noon? lmk if that works for u!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧