"What is there to talk about Nate?" Adaline laughed. "Do you want to talk about how you continued to lie to me even after you promised you'd stop?"

"I didn't tell you because I knew you'd be pissed." He exclaimed.

"Of course I was going to be pissed! Fez is my friend! You literally tried to get him arrested!"

"I wasn't thinking about that at the time." Nate sighed throwing his arms up in defeat. "I was mad that he thought he could tell me what to do. He had no right to tell me to stay away from you. So yeah, I snitched on him. I wanted to show him not to fuck with me."

Adaline let out a long breath running her hand over her face. "You should have just came and talked to me Nate. I could have dealt with Fez."

"I know I fucked up. I wasn't thinking." Nate said moving closer to Adaline. His large hands wrapped themselves around her waist as he pulled her into his chest. "I'm sorry I upset you. I love you."

"I love you too Nate. But we can't keep doing this. I need you to be honest with me. I don't care if the truth is going to hurt. I'd rather you tell me then someone else. It hurts more finding out from other people." The girl spoke softly threading her fingers through his hair.

"No more lying." Nate nodded rubbing his hand up and down the girls back. He gently grabbed the arm that he had been holding a little too tightly. Adaline smiled as Nate placed a soft kiss on the red skin of her wrist. "I promise."

"Good! So what was taking you so long in the bathroom?"

Nate stiffened before playing it off. "I was just using the bathroom." He shrugged.

The Jacobs boy could tell she didn't totally believe him. Hell, he didn't blame her. Nate had just told her that he was done lying and two seconds later he's back to doing it. He wanted to tell her the truth but he didn't want to ruin the night. They had just made up. Nate promised himself that he'd tell her tomorrow.

"Let's go dance!" She cheered rushing out the room with Nate right behind her. Adaline knew something wasn't right but she pushed that feeling away. She wanted to have fun tonight.

When the two teenagers rejoined the crowed living room of the party they found Lexi yelling at Cassie. Adaline smiled walking closer to them while Nate stiffly followed behind her. He was doing everything in his power not to look at Cassie.

"Cassie, where the fuck have you been? I called you, like, 500 times." Lexi shouted annoyed.

"You did?" The older Howard sister asked playing dumb.

Lexi was about to say something else but Maddy rushing over to them cut her off. "Happy New Year, Cas! I love you." The Perez girl said hugging the blonde tightly. "Come dance with me and Addie!"

Cassie glanced over at her brunette friend. She tried not to let it show but her heart practically broke in half at the sight of Nate's large hand placed lovingly on Adaline's pregnant belly. She was almost thankful when McKay approached the group.

"Hey, Cas, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Uh, yeah, totally."

"Well I guess it's just us three." Maddy announced looking at Adaline and Travis.

"Four." Nate retorted.