23☽

⋆ Chapter 23 ⋆
Need A Hand?

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

The following Friday after Adaline's appointment Cal wanted to take the family out for dinner. He said it would be a good way to show Nate's innocence after his temporary expulsion and the police investigation. "Nate, if you're innocent, you act innocent. You walk in here with your head held high." Cal spoke exiting his truck.

Adaline rolled her eyes looking at Nate. He had been quiet the last couple of days after the doctors appointment. Adaline was a little hurt that he didn't even attempt to speak to her but she just told herself Nate was being distant because of everything that's going on. It wasn't her it was everything else is what she remind herself constantly.

"Michael, good to see you." Cal smiled at the waiter.

"Good to see you, too, Cal."

"How are you?"

"Good, good." The waiter Michael replied glancing wearily Nate.

"Booth in back?" Cal questioned.

"Yeah, yeah. One second. Let me... Let me check on that for you." Michael responded nervously walking away.

"You gonna get the mac and mash?" The older Jacobs' male asked Aaron.

"Yeah, probably." He nodded.

"What about you? Mac and mash?"

"No, I'll probably just have the broccoli." Nate replied looking around at the other customers. Everyone in the restaurant was watching the family.

"Broccoli, right, with the garlic. Yeah, that's a good dish. What about you Addie?"

"I'm not sure yet." The brunette shrugged moving closer to Nate. She was extremely uncomfortable with everyone's eyes on her. Adaline felt like they knew all of her secrets.

"I wonder what's taking him so long?" Marsha wondered moments before the restaurant manager came walking towards them.

"Good to see you, Cal."

"Tim, likewise." Cal nodded giving the man a handshake.

"Yeah. Listen, um... Come here. I don't want to make a big to-do, because I know you're here with your family and everything, but the situation with your son, it's just... A lot of people are talking, and..."

"He's innocent, Tim. He didn't do it." Cal said sternly.

"I know. I know. It's just, with him here and at this time, it's just..." Tim began trailing off. "Look, if you want to wait in the car, I'll get your order to go."