4) Lunchtime

Y/n's pov

"They just asked me if I knew Casey or Steve." I shrugged.

Randy, Stu, Sidney, Tatum, Billy and I sat at our usual lunch spot, Randy and I next to each other, Me next to Tatum who had Stu's arm draped around her, and Sidney and Billy cuddled together beside Stu.

"They asked me if I liked to hunt." Stu said. "They ask you if you like to hunt?" He asked Billy.

"Hunt? Why would they ask you if you like to hunt?" Tatum asked, obviously not getting the bigger picture.

"I don't know, they just did." Stu said.

"Because their bodies were gutted." Randy chimed in.

Sidney winced at his words.

"Thanks Randy." Billy said sarcastically.

"They didn't ask me if I like to hunt." Tatum was still going on about it.

"Because there's no way a girl could have killed them." Stu said.

"That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female. Basic instinct." She referenced.

Oh, my lovely Tatum. Always the true feminist.

"That was an ice pick. Not exactly the same thing." Randy said.

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. Takes a man to do something like that." Stu said obnoxiously.

"Or a man's mentality." Tatum scoffed.

"You guys just watch. You keep saying stuff like that and one day you'll get slaughtered by Madonna." I said.

"How do you gut someone?" Sidney asked quietly.

We all stared at her in a tense silence before it was broken by Stu.

"You take a knife, and slit 'em from groin to sternum." He stated.

Sidney shivered and everyone rolled their eyes.

"Oh, gee, thanks for that eye-opening information, Stu. Really great." I said sarcastically.

"What? She asked." He said.

"It's called tact, you fuckrag." Billy said.

"Sorry." Stu said.

"Remember in JAWS when they caught the wrong shark at first and Richard Dreyfuss cut it open to look for body parts and all they found was a license plate and all that white milky goo." Randy started to ramble, but Stu leaned over me and socked him in the arm.

"You heard Billy. Shut the fuck up." He said.

"Hey, Stu, didn't you use to date Casey?" Sidney asked.

Stu was taken back, a little off guard.

"Yeah for like two seconds." He laughed.

"Before she dumped him for Steve." Randy leaned over me, grasping my thigh for stability.

His eyes went wide at his hand placement and my face burned red but thankfully no one except Tatum noticed.

Tatum turned to Stu, angry. "I thought you dumped her for me." She asked.

"I did. He's full of shit." Stu gestured to Randy.

"Says you." I defended Randy with a chuckle.

"And are the police aware you dated the victim?" Randy interrogated.

Stu had an offended expression. "What are you saying? That I killed her or something?"

"It would certainly improve your highschool Q." Randy said.

"Stu was with me last night, okay?" Tatum said.

"Yeah I was." Stu nodded suggestively.

"Oooh, was that before of after he SLICED AND DICED?" Randy asked.

"Fuck you, nut case. Where were you last night?" Tatum asked.

"Working with Y/n, thank you." He stated, slinging an arm around my neck and pulling me close for a minute.

"I thought Blockbuster fired you." Tatum's brows furrowed.

"Twice." Randy nodded.

"And if it weren't for me, he'd be unemployed." I added.

"But Blockbuster closes at 10." Tatum said.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you but our boss finally got The Evil Dead, so Randy and I watched it at his, oh my god, Tate, it's so good! I love how-" Tatum cut me off, putting a hand up.

"You know I don't follow along well with that horror shit. Save it for Randy." She said with a knowing smile.

"I didn't kill anybody." Stu said, still stuck up on Randy's accusation.

"Nobody said you did." Billy said, sharing a weird look with Stu.

"Thanks, buddy." Stu scoffed.

"Besides-" Randy butted in. "It takes a man to do something like that." He mocked Stu.

"I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, kid." Stu said, annoyed.

"Did you really put her liver in the mailbox?" Randy asked Stu in a stereotypically nerdy voice. "Because I heard they found her liver in the mailbox, right next to her pancreas and her spleen."

"Randy, you goon-fuck, We're eating here." Tatum said, throwing a grape at his face.

Stu kissed Tatum's neck for no apparent reason.

"Yeah, Randy. She's getting mad. I think you better liver alone." Stu joked.

Stu cracked up at his own joke, the rest of us just groaning and rolling our eyes.

Sidney got up and walked away as Billy punched Stu in the arm.

"What, liver alone, liver- live-its a joke." Stu said.

Word count: 806