3) The Woodsborough murders

Y/n's pov

As I got ready for school the next morning, I heard a shriek from downstairs.

My mothers inevitable shriek.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I raced downstairs.

She had tears in her eyes and her hand covered her mouth.

She didn't speak, she just pointed to the TV.

There, displayed in bright headlines across the screen was news that Casey Becker and her boyfriend Steve were brutally murdered last night. Their bodies were completely gutted and Casey was left hanging from a tree for her parents to find.

"Jesus Christ.." I muttered, placing a hand on my mothers back.

"It's just like last year." She choked out.

"Listen, Ive got to go. I have to be there for Sid. I don't want all this striking up any unwanted memories or recollection of last year. I love you. Be safe." I told my mother, grabbing my toast from the kitchen and shrugging my backpack on.

Hopping on the bus just as it stopped at my house, as per usual.

When I got to school, I jogged to catch up with Tatum who I spotted walking up the cement path.

The six police cars, four news vans, flashing cameras and crowds upon crowds of looky-loo's gathered Just off campus did not go unnoticed, but rather ignored.

"Hey, Tatum." I called, and she stopped to wait for me.

"Hey, Y/n." She smiled.

We spotted Sidney ahead of us and Tatum tapped her on the shoulder.

"Do you believe this shit?" Tatum asked as we walked up to school, past the camera vans and news reporters.

"What happened?" Sidney asked.

"Oh god! You don't know?" Tatum asked, surprised. "Casey Becker and Steve Orth were killed last night." She said.

"No way." Sidney said in disbelief.

"And not just killed, Sid. We're talking splatter movie killed. Split open end to end." I chimed in, my horror movie brain getting the best of me.

Tatum raised her eyebrows at me in an almost warning way, glancing at Sidney.

I winced. "Sorry."

Sidney shook her head at me dismissively. "Casey Becker? Doesn't she sit next to us in English?" Sidney asked me.

"Uh-huh. She did." I nodded. "Not anymore."

"It's so sad, her parents found her hanging from a tree, her insides on the outside." Tatum said, and I smacked her arm in retaliation. She gave a sorry shrug.

"Oh my god, do they know who did it?" Sidney asked, oblivious to our silent conversation behind her.

"Fucking clueless. They're interrogating the entire school. Teachers, students, staff, janitors.." I explained.

"They think it's school related?" Asked Sidney.

"Everybody's a suspect!" I said quietly.

Tatum rolled her eyes at me. "They don't know. Dewey said this is the worst crime they've ever seen." She continued, ignoring me.

"Even worse than-" I put a hand over her mouth to stop speaking.

"Well, it's bad. They're bringing the feds in. This is big." I said.

"Hey, Tate, maybe they'll make a movie about it." I joked.

"You wish." She smiled, walking into school as I gave Sidney a quick tight hug and rushed off to my locker.