Hyness had been out for a stroll to ease his mind, when a terrible storm had rolled in. While attempting to find his way back to the Jambandra Base, he had spotted somebody falling from a rather dangerous height. Upon closer examination after preventing the aftermath of said fall, he had a female on the very brink of life and death in his arms.

Knowing he needed to act fast, he began to chant, attempting to unlock something deep inside of her. It seemed to work, because she soon started to levitate into the air, groaning quietly.

By the time she had lowered down to the ground, her eyes opened.

"...what...what...happened..?"

Her face stung and burned painfully, as did a few other areas. She gritted her teeth with a wince, and saw that both her clothing and skin were a tad singed, somehow.

She then took notice of some unfamiliar robes, and looked up to see who they belonged to. She stared into the owner's eyes, and they stared back.

As far as she could remember, she had been standing on the balcony, building up the courage to jump. But something had happened, and she could only assume it was something terrible, from the millisecond of excruciating pain she was able to recall before waking up here, in front of this...stranger?

Wait. She had climbed the tower, without an inch of joy in her body. Without a hint of hope. Without a purpose. And then without any warning, she had awoken in front of this person. Could her purpose lie with them?

"How...how did I get back down here..?"

The hooded figure in front of her pointed up towards the top of the tower. She turned to look, her face being pelted by the rain still falling from the dark clouds looming above. When she turned back towards them, they spoke.

"You fell from the very top, I am afraid. You were nearly dead when I caught you. I think you may have been struck by lightning, we are in the middle of a storm, after all."

Her eyes widened in shock. She was...almost dead? And she hadn't done it? But she hadn't died, no, this stranger had saved her! This only furthered her suspicions that fate had wanted this to happen!

Suddenly, the girl felt her skin tingling like electricity was rushing through her. She looked up, and saw a flash heading towards her!

She screamed, flinching instinctively. To her surprise, however, it did nothing, and she watched the bolt absorb through her very skin, her veins visibly glowing a faint yellow. The girl's eyes widened in disbelief, and she looked to the stranger with an expression of pure confusion and fear.

"Oh, yes. Jaway. Electricity is no longer an issue for you, no, far from it."

What?! Just where had this person come from, saving her out of nowhere and apparently giving her lightning resistance?!

"...Who...are you?" She asked, scared, yet wanting to know this savior of hers. How in the world could she ever possibly repay this?

"I am Hyness. Lord Hyness, to some." The hooded figure explained, turning around. "Seeing as you now appear to be well, I will be on my way."

The blonde watched him go with a desperate look in her eyes. Now that she was alive again, and had been so graciously saved by this stranger, returning to the balcony to finish the job once and for all would be selfish, and would make all of his effort in rescuing her a complete and utter waste of his time.

But if death was off the menu, what was next? She had nowhere to go, no home to return to. Everything she had ever loved and cared about was gone. She was all alone, with no escape, and that filled her with terror.

She had no purpose...

Nowhere to go...

She didn't want to be alone in a world this big...

With fear and sorrow in her heart, the girl ran at him with all the power of a lightning bolt in action. Faintly seeing her figure out of the corner of his eye, Hyness turned back, waiting for her with his head tilted.

Once she was in front of the hooded man, she dropped to her knees, hanging her head low. She closed her eyes, feeling her grief wash over her.

"Please, Lord Hyness...please take me with you."

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with a frantic sadness. "I promise I won't get in your way. I promise I can make myself of use to you. Please don't leave me here..."

The hooded priest peered down at her for a moment, considering her words. He then nodded.

"If that is what you desire, then it shall be. Follow along, and I shall take you to meet the...others. I am certain they will appreciate your company."

Standing, she felt both a slight relief, and an anxiety build inside of her. What was next? What would happen next?

She calmed herself, trying not to fall too far behind Hyness.

Whatever happened next, she promised to give it her all. For her growing purpose. For all those she had lost along the way. For Hyness.

Nothing would be more important.

"Japologa vun. I nearly forgot to ask. What is your name?"

"My name is Zan Partizanne, my lord. I will serve you to the best of my ability."

"...Zan...what?"