Beautiful Blue

In spite of all, cold as ice...

A girl shivered and shuddered, staggering around in the frostbitten landscape. She felt as if her very bones were freezing over.

How she managed to get caught in this awful blizzard, she was too cold to even remember. She was turning as blue as her locks of hair, which were frozen as icicles, yet she trudged on, hoping she could find shelter before hypothermia took her life.

She let out a soft whimper of pain, feeling her hands sting with the onslaught of snow, and she desperately hid them in her clothing to try to ease the awful sensation, but to no avail.

As she panted heavily with fear, she could see her own breath, cloudy in front of her face. It was the only thing she could see, besides the brutal, unforgiving storm that just kept raging on.

In spite of all, hard as stone...

If she was found, would her body simply be a hard block of ice? Would somebody take her and use her for an ice sculpture decoration? And what if she melted soon after? Would she cease to exist?

The thought was terrifying, and did not help calm her rapidly beating heart.

In spite of all, hear our plea...

"Please..." She sobbed. Her tears streaming cold on her face, the storm tore into her until she fell over. "Somebody please help me..."

Her face came into contact with the cruel, icy ground below, and she shrieked with pain and surprise, then letting out a choked sob.

She could not find the strength in her arms to lift herself back up, no matter how much she wanted to. Her tears fell, just like she had, and they seemed to freeze, just like she would.

In spite of all, all alone...

So this was how she was going to die. Frozen beyond all recognition, laying stiff in the snow, alone forevermore, her frozen heart unbeating.

She closed her tired eyes, just wanting this terrible nightmare to be over.

After some time, she heard movement out in the snow. Thinking it was all an awful trick her brain was playing, she did not bother to try and check what it was.

However, when she felt arms pulling her upwards, she experienced a sudden determination inside her, enough to open her eyes.

She came face to face with a hooded figure, who had lifted her from her seemingly eternal resting place in the snow and ice. She stared, attempting to analyze their features, but to no avail, only seeing two glowing eyes peering back at her.

"Please..." She begged, her voice as weak as a whisper. "Please...help...me..."

Those were the last words she was able to say before she fell unconscious, giving into her exhaustions. Her world temporarily shrouded in a cold darkness, she was scared.

But there was no need to fear.

This would not be the last time she would deal with ice.

In spite of all, we reconcile!

In spite of all, we pass the trial!

In spite of all, hear us three! We beg of thee! We beg of thee!