Initiation

"So this is your house!" Flamberge enthused. "Cool!"

"We would prefer you to call it our Jambandra Base." Hyness replied with a brief nod, grabbing her by the arm and taking her in. "Come along, now."

"Wait, we? Who else is here?"

"Thousands of my followers, including a little mage I found in circumstances similar to yours."

"Oh, okay then." The fiery redhead shrugged, watching as her hooded savior walked forward a bit, then raising his arms upward. The ground began to move a bit, causing Flamberge to jump in surprise.

It was now clear what they were standing on was an elevator.

She adapted quickly, looking around at her surroundings as they passed. She rested her hand on her chin. "Nice place you got here, Hyness."

"Yes."

Soon, the elevator stopped moving, and standing right there was a blue-haired girl dressed in black robes with a cyan lining, with a humongous hat of sorts atop her head, that had a strange symbol on it, not unlike the one on Hyness's hood. Her mouth was covered by some sort of veil.

"Lord Hyness! You have returned!"

The girl then turned to Flamberge, giving a confused yet happy expression (at least from what could be seen).

"Oh! Bonjam, stranger!" She greeted. "I am Francisca, a mage of ice. What is your name? Any friend of Lord Hyness is a friend of mine!"

"Name's Flamberge!" The girl replied enthusiastically in an energetic tone of voice. "I deal with fire! I'm too hot to handle, some might even say!...even though no one's ever said it, it's true, y'know..."

Francisca giggled, brushing some hair out of her face. "You're funny. How long can you stay, Miss Flamberge?"

"As long as she still wishes to join us, it could be a very long time."

The ice mage gasped, then clasping a hand to where her mouth would be (if it wasn't covered). She turned to Hyness with a shocked look.

"You mean..?"

"Yes. Our Flamberge here has requested to follow us in carrying out our mission."

"Oh, I'm so happy to hear that! She seems quite pleasant, you know!" Francisca gushed, clapping her hands together. "We need to find you some suitable robes! I'll do it, come with me, Miss Flamberge!"

She grabbed the fire girl by the hand and scurried off somewhere with her, clearly very excited about having somebody new around.

~

"I'm almost done! Oh, I can hardly wait to see you with the full ensemble!"

Flamberge looked down at herself. The robes she wore were similar to Francisca's. She had to wear a dress underneath them, so Francisca had turned around while she was changing into it.

It was a very exciting day for the ice-bender, mostly because it would be wonderful to have a new member, not to mention a new member who was a girl. She looked absolutely darling in her red-lined robes, her gloves with the signature heart design on them that didn't quite cover her hands' undersides, and as Francisca carefully covered her mouth, all there was left was the beret, with a red version of the Jambastion symbol to boot! Oh, what a lovely day.

As the ice girl placed it upon Flamberge's head, her wild hair seemed to poof down a tad, much to her amusement. She cupped a hand to her (covered) mouth and let out a giggle.

"You're all done, Miss Flamberge!" Francisca said in an enthusiastic tone, holding up a mirror for her. "You look absolutely wonderful, take a peek, won't you?"