"My ladyship, do you need anything?" Anna asked when she saw Ophelia and Tommy walk in. "No, I am just showing Mr. Shelby around and he wanted to meet everyone" Ophelia explained. "This is Anna, our head housemaid and the lady's maid to my sisters and I" Ophelia said. "Pleasure to meet you, Anna. Tommy Shelby" he said. "Nice to meet you Mr. Shelby" Anna said. "Heard anything about Mr. Bates?" Ophelia asked. "His trial is next week; Mr. Murray has collected as much as he could to proof his innocence" Anna said. "Do tell me the exact date later, I would want to be there for both of you" Ophelia said. "Thank you, my lady" Anna said and went back to work.

"Her husband is in jail?" Tommy asked. "Yes, Mr. Bates. They suspect him of killing his wife, but it couldn't be further from the truth" Ophelia said. "Let me know if there is something I can do" Tommy said, and Ophelia nodded. "My lady, can we help you?" Mrs. Hughes asked when she saw her. "No, Mrs. Hughes, Mr. Shelby wanted to meet everyone" Ophelia said. "Well, how kind of Mr. Shelby." Hughes said. "Tommy is fine" he said. "Well, it may be but I'm afraid Mr. Carson would have all our heads" she joked. "Mrs. Hughes is the housekeeper here" Ophelia said. "And everyone who works here, has a different role?" Tommy asked. "Yes, and together we keep the house standing" Mrs. Hughes said. "Then you do fine work, Mrs. Hughes" Tommy said. "Thank you, Mr. Shelby" she said and went to check on the others.

"What other jobs are there?" Tommy asked. "There is the valet, currently done by Carson because Mr. Bates is gone, and we have no one else available." Ophelia said. "There is Mrs. Patmore who is the cook, and Daisy who is her assistant" Ophelia said, and they walked to the kitchen. "Oh, my lady, can I help?" Mrs. Patmore said. "No, continue Mrs. Patmore, Mr. Shelby is just meeting you all" Ophelia said. "Oh. How kind of you, Mr. Shelby" Mrs. Patmore said. "It is my pleasure, Mrs. Patmore, Daisy" Tommy said nodded at them.

"That is Lily, Madge, and Jane, the housemaids" Ophelia said. "Mr. Barrow who brought you to your room, and Mrs. O'Brien, my mother's lady's maid" Ophelia said. "Pleasure to meet everyone" Tommy said. "Thank you my lady for coming by, and you Mr. Shelby" Mr. Carson said and gave them a nod. "We will go now, so we don't get further into your hair" Ophelia said and took Tommy to see her horse.

"He was so kind" Daisy said as she watched them walk away. "Well, his kindness is not going to help me make his dinner" Mrs. Patmore said. "She seems to really like him" Anna said as Mrs. Hughes also walked in. "I wonder how his lordship feels about it" Mrs. Hughes said. "His lordship will act accordingly. The man saved Mr. Crawley in the war and has earned multiple medals for his service" Mr. Carson said. "Sounds like you admire him, Mr. Carson" Hughes said. "I admire anyone who fights for King and Country" Carson said and left. "I just liked him because his eyes were so blue" Daisy giggled. "Indeed, they were" Anna said joying in before the two of them giggled.

At the sound of the gong Ophelia explained how now everyone would get dressed and guest would arrive. "You don't need a valet, do you Mr. Shelby?" Lord Grantham asked when they walked past each other while going upstairs. "No, my lord, I'm fine. I will see you at dinner" Tommy said, and they all went to their rooms. Ophelia was done faster than usual, and Anna fixed her hair as soon as she good. "You look happy, my lady" Anna said. "I am, and I'm glad everything is going well so far" Ophelia said. She had a big smile on her face. "I'm glad, my lady" Anna said and went to check on Edith and Mary.

Ophelia already went down, dressed in an older gown but still much better than she wore in Birmingham. She saw Tommy walk in from the outside. All dressed in the right suit, Ophelia made sure he got. "You look great" Ophelia said as she smiled at him. "You look beautiful as well, darling" Tommy said. "Usually, we wait in the drawing room until everyone is ready" Ophelia said. "Then we shall do that" Tommy said. Before they could Carson called out. "The Dowager Countess" Carson said. "Granny" Ophelia said and walked over. "Hello, my dear, it's good to see you again, how was Sybil's wedding?" Lady Grantham asked. "It was beautiful, granny, you remember Thomas Shelby" Ophelia said and looked at Tommy.