"I don't care about that! Please! Just this once, don't sleep!"

Even after the desperate shouts of his friend and the paramedics swiftly arriving. The world lost one of its brightest stars in just a short time.

[System Binding, Initiating....]

[Binding Complete]

[Soul Transfer, Initiating.... ]

[Transfer Complete]

{Welcome, Soul F-3765}

{I am System 2B18C, your guide, companion, and partner}

The last thing Chaim remembers is the eyes of his Axy, filled with tears and emotions that he can't comprehend. Now, he is faced with a game-like panel, showing words that he understands separately, but couldn't quite understand when together.

The feeling of his life slipping away was an...experience as one may say. But faced with this strange event, Chaim feels that this is the dumbest he has felt in all his 21 years of living.

What system? Just let me die in peace.

Chaim looked at his semi-transparent state. If he was asked to imagine what a lingering spirit on Earth looked like, he would describe what he looks like now.

Back to the situation at hand, he interestingly looked at the panel in front of him. As someone whose interests lie in the technological field, this is quite the experience.

He read the words displayed on the screen.

[Would you like to open the Status Panel?]

[Yes] [No]

Like a curious child, he started exploring this newfound interest of his. He pressed 'yes' and the words in front of him quickly changed. His full body picture and analysis were shown on the right side which contained physical information like his age, height, weight, etcetera.

On the left side contained the main status.

Name: Chaim (Soul F-3765)

System Name: N/A (System 2B18C)

Spirit Class: Class F

Spirit Strength: 6%

Experience: 0%

Finished Worlds: 0

Energy Points: 0

On the tab that says 'Notifications' which was glowing in red, it was very noticeable in the blues and greens of the interface.

He pressed on it and it said: Welcome. The system gifts you 100 EP to symbolize the new partnership. May the stars be your guide.

When he exited, he noticed his 'Energy Points' has changed from 0 to 100.

He continued to explore and he is now on the tab which said 'Trade'. In this tab, there was a search bar, like the one you can see in your browser.

"System, what does trade do?" He quickly got the hang of relying on this so-called partner of his that welcomed him earlier.

{The 'Trade' function of the system lets you trade energy points for specific items. You just simply enter the name of said item, and the system would calculate its value and would then give an amount which you would use your energy points to pay.}

Chaim was interested in this and quickly tried it. He entered the first item he could think of into the search bar, which was 'Computer'.

A loading bar emerged from the screen and then the screen was soon filled with different types of computers. From the first ones to be ever created, to futuristic ones which immediately caught the tech geek's eyes.

The prices ranged from 1,000 EP to 85,000 EP which was the highest price for a computer that connects to the brain.

'I guess I know my first purchase now. It really sucks to be poor. I can't wait to be rich again.'

Now that Chaim has finished exploring all the functions of the status panel, he can't help but think about the events that happened to him today.

First, he was killed. Oh, he just hopes his Axy would find that bastard who killed him. He didn't even get to eat the food Axy got him!

Second, instead of actually dying and getting the peace he deserves, he was instead summoned here by who-knows-what.

Lastly, this thing in front of him is so cool, he hopes he could bring it to heaven...or hell.

After his deep thinking, he asked the system a question he was supposed to ask ages ago.

"What are you and why did you bring me here?" He said with his newfound seriousness. He misses Axy, he always handles the serious stuff.

{I am System 2B18C. I was tasked to look for a soul to be my companion. I have chosen you.}

"Companion for what?"

{We will travel through different worlds in different times and spaces. HQ will give you an identity in that world and it comes with a set of tasks that you are required to accomplish.}

"Alright. I will not ask why you chose me because just seeing this interesting interface already bought me. Will we go to worlds that have really advanced technology like the ones in sci-fi movies?!" Chaim was really excited about the thought of encountering such advanced pieces of tech in the future.

{There are countless worlds. I cannot guarantee which worlds we get sent to but I assure you that we may encounter worlds just like that.}

"Nice! What are we waiting for? The faster we do missions, the closer I get my hands on that stuff ~" Chaim said with a creepy smile on his face. If one saw him, he might be mistaken as a pervert imagining scenes.

[World Search Commencing...]

[Search Complete]

[Soul Transfer In Progress...]

[Transfer Complete]

[Tasks Loading...]

[Tasks Loaded]

[Syncing...]

[Syncing Complete]

[Welcome to World F370. May the stars be your guide.]

«-Φ-»

Prologue

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my book. I hope you can join me until I finish this book.

Happy Reading!

1. Chaim is pronounced as came

Status Update:

-°°§°°-

Status

Name: Chaim (Soul F-3765)

System Name: N/A (System 2B18C)

Spirit Class: Class F

Spirit Strength: 6%

Experience: 0%

Finished Worlds: 0

Energy Points: 100

-°°§°°-