Just as I moved, the sound of siren rang through the halls indicating that the class was over. Soon the students inside the classroom ran out of the classroom, as if escaping from a S-class monster to keep their lives. Moving myself to the sides, I let the little mongrels pass through. Many greeted me, although mostly boys...their eyes not meeting mine and face lecherous.

Once most of the crowd had left, I shifted my gaze to Grey who was standing outside the classroom casually, looking over at me. This made me want to speed up on my tracks and I moved, while a conversation between some of the boys in my class reached my ears as they walked past me. "Bro, looks like she's taken!" One of the shorter ones said looking over his shoulders at me; while the lankier one next to him replied in a surprisingly spiteful tone, his face crinkled. "But why would she date that guy? He...seems so...weak!"

I was taken aback when those words reached me. I didn't know which one to be surprised about. That they think that, Grey and I...are dating. Or the statement that Grey is weak.

Before I could assess their words, the last of the boys bellowed at the two. "You serious? He's the guy who broke the mana shackles with bare hands! You wanna take him on? Besides, I heard my father say that he is quite close to the Highblood Denoir's."—he paused to look around before he spoke in a soft tone—"Maybe he'll marry her too. So, stop trying for something impossible, man. And keep your mouth shut before he hears us and kicks our asses."

I stood there with a stupefied face, unable to digest the words that had been spoken by the boys.

Was I mad at them? Yes, I was. But is it because of what they said? I-I wasn't so sure about that...

My words stuttered even inside my mind, as the thrilling thought made my heart flutter, and my face warm up. I immediately looked up at Grey, who was still standing outside, hoping that he hadn't caught my blush.

I also studied his reaction, curious as to see how he'd react to those words. His left eyebrow twitched as he frowned ever so slightly; his face turned to the one he would make while talking with Regis.

A quick disappointment fell over my face as my shoulder's slumped.

He approached me, as his eyes looked sharply at the boys; the three flinched as they ran away, disappearing from our sight. He walked close, before halting in front of me. "Are you ready?" he asked as he reached out with his arm. Without missing a beat, I lifted mine and slid it inside his; I was inwardly surprised at how easy...and natural it felt, to do so.

I looked up at him, my eyes against his. "Where are we going?" I asked curiously. "I must say that I was really surprised to see you come to me."

His arms slightly jerked at my words, and his face stiffened. Now I was really curious to know why he came here. "I was wondering..." he started. "About...?" I spoke in a rush. His words paused as his eyes locked with mine, studying my face. My breathing stopped, as I felt conscious about my...looks. 'Why is he looking at me like that? Is—Is he going to ki—' my inner thoughts got cut off as my face paled at his next words. "About, what you were going to tell me the other day at the library, before the kids interrupted us."

My steps faltered at his words, making me stumble on my tracks. He quickly grabbed onto me by our interlocked arms and supported me...something he had been doing a lot lately. "Are you okay? What's wrong? Do you feel sick?" a barrage of questions left his mouth as his face showed signs of concern. I was as happy as I was nervous.

Without answering him, I just stared fixedly at his face...much longer for it be normal.

I let out a soft sigh, without breaking my stride.