Your back - Chapter 45

Magsimula sa umpisa

Jarvis pulled up to yours and Peggy's  apartments Howard stuck his head next to window "ahhh the Griffith" he spoke in a familiar tone "hows Mariam" he smirked to which Peggy huffed.

Bidding goodbye to Jarvis the three of yous managed to sneak in through the unlock back door "easy getting you in the problems getting you up" Peggy spoke out loud to which you snickered  "your a child" Peggy mumbled shaking her head "use the chute" you suggested to her Peggy began walking over to the thick metal door now opening it  "What's the chute ?" Howard questioned "just get in the Shute Howard it's not dirty its used for cleaning" you argued Peggy still had her hand propping up the Metal door "Howard come on get in" you said crawling in "fine" he began to crawl forward Peggy following close behind "can you speed up Y/N" Peggy called "I'm trying I have heels and a skirt on" you called back.

You were finally out Howard holding a laundry bag in his hands "see that wasn't so bad" you stated dusting down you skirt "no it wasn't your luscious behind was in my face" he smirked leaving you to hit him over the head a hushed ow came from his mouth "right come on you two" Peggy said sneaking forward to the laundry shaft "get in" she said having the door now pressed up "what no I hate small spaces" he said with pleading eyes "you also hate water that didn't stop you from going on a boat get in" you said pushing his back he stopped abruptly "what about is the chain snaps and I fall to my death" you had to hide you smirk "don't worry I'll never reveal that Howard Starks dead body is rotting in the bottom of a laundry shaft" peggy rolled her eyes he agreed clambering in "what if I suffocate" he questioned again "ohhh shut up" you held you hands to the bridge of you nose he just glared at you "if Miriam finds us we will be much more comfortable in an electric chair" Peggy huffed "just for the record-" and he was shut up by Peggy closing the shaft doors.

She began winding up the the shaft "Miss Carter and Miss Paris" you both quickly turn to see Miriam in her night attire "of all the women in the establishment you two are the ones in whom I most worried about" she said liking between you and Peggy "ohhh what a dismaying sentiment" Peggy said back "well the hours you two keep are seem less than a woman who's gainfully employed telephone operator and more of ones who frequents taxi dance halls"you eye opened wide you were about to say something to the rude hag but Peggy stopped you "we were just doing our laundry" she smiled "better company when you do it in pairs" you smiled too she stepped forward "do you know how many intruders I have caught in the very shaft attempting to soil the honour of some young ladies" she spoke rubbing her hands together "I'm certain that many women owes her virtue to your watchful eye" Peggy followed "very much agreed Peggy you do have a sharp eye have you ever thought about being detective" you cracked a light joke hoping it would ease the tension "very much they are alway the rebellious" she looked towards yous that statement hoping she was finished with her small integration your turned on your heel "Alice shall" and with that you turned back round to listen to her ongoing story "once showed up with her sister who I immediately recognised as a man dressed in a gurdel"she finished the story you were expecting a smile from the woman but nothing "allow me to show you to your rooms" she turned and headed toward the stairs "I assure you it okay we have each other" you smiled "as you say better company" the old woman turned back round "well" Peggy breathed "we shall all walk together" she smiled the first time you have saw her you looked back to the shaft and proceeded to walk with Peggy and Miriam.

"Time and time again I have caught women sneaking men inside this sacred space"she let out a heavy breath walking so rapidly up the complex "every woman was ejected at once" she blabbered on hope she would soon put a end to her whiny voice "are you familiar with id and the eagle ?" She asked "yes" you answered "aren't they children characters"Peggy added on "mmmm good it is unbecoming for a lady to read froy but what you must understand until a certain age you two do not know how to govern your own impulses" she stopped at where your door was you about to unlock it Peggy looked towards you "that leaves me to defend young women from compulsion"she said a darker tone on the last words "understood" you raised your eyebrows unlocking your door "Miss Paris your laundry"she gleamed "Peggy I shall grab yours too" you smiled hinting Peggy to go inside.