He smiled a little, "Ofcourse, over three millenias have the adepti protected the land of Liyue." He paused, "Rite of Parting should prove to be an enlightening part of your travel."

"—Liyue is the most prosperous out of all the seven nations" you stiffened, this went unnoticed by the trio. "Being defended by deities and ruled by the Qixing, naturally, the Fatui would have difficulties here."

"Ningguang of The Qixing especially has always been on guard against the Fatui, hence, Childe wants to make use of the connection with Wangsheng Funeral Parlor."

'Good god, ofcourse.'

"Wait, what will Childe gain making us doing the Rite of Parting anyway?" Paimon questioned having her eyebrows furrowed. Zhongli looked at her and slowly shrugged his shoulders.

"I neither know nor do I wish to know. As far as I'm concered, the Fatui are here as sponsors. I only wish for Liyue's tradition to endure." You nodded, taking a mental note of what ever just happened in the conversation. Not that you remembered.

"Here," Zhongli handed Lumine a bag of mora, she looked at it in awe. "This is the advance funds Childe has provided. If you use them all up, you can go back to him to apply for any subsequent funding."

".. Oh— wow..."

"Well then, let us be off. The first step in our preparations shall be to obtain some prize Noctiluous Jade worthy of a deity." Zhongli said before passing by you, ofcourse, not before giving you a look.

You soon followed before Lumine can even process whatever just happened. You looked at the man in confusion, "Seriously? Worthy of a deity?" You questioned. Zhongli looked at you from the corner of his eyes and you swore you saw it twitching up to a smile.

Soon enough, Paimon and Lumine tagged along. Both of them asked Zhongli some questions while you on the other hand just chilled and listen to their conversation, once again.

While crossing over the bridge, you could've sworn you saw something on the very corner of your eyes. Something or someone that had the exact same color of your hair. 'Was that an animal?' You thought to yourself.

"We're almost there." Said Zhongli as soon as all of you have crossed the bridge, looking at a stall nearby.

As soon as the merchant saw you and the others approaching, he immediately perked up and wore a huge smile on his face. "Ah, hello there good friends. Would you like to try your luck today? Who knows, this could be your lucky day."

"Oh no no no no! We're here for uhm.. What was it?" Paimon tried rebuking but couldn't remember the stone's name. She looked at Zhongli pleadingly who nodded slightly.

"Noctiluous Jade, of radiant grade at least." Stated Zhongli. The merchant looked at him and surprised which then turned to a small smile, "I see, so you're not a tourist. My apologies, I have some here for your perusal." The merchant obliged and pointed the noctiluous jades behind him.

"What do you think? Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on.. "

Paimon looked at the rocks in awe, staring at how good the qualities and shape of the rock. She then floated back and looked at the three of you with concern written all over her face.

"He isn't lying, they're all wonderful! But how do we pick? Do we just pick up and go? " She asked you furrowed your eyebrows and mentally shook your head, 'Bad decision, could be a scam.'