39

Demi's POV

We were all seated on the dining table. I was sitting next to Vincent who was seating on the head of the table, Halsey was in front of me. Next to me were Dan and Mary. Jessy I as next to Joseph just next to Halsey. Laurent was in front of Medaline. Full house.

“So Demitria, where have you been?” Halsey asked causing everyone to stare at me apart from Laurent cause he already knew. Even the kids were eating and didn't pay attention to the conversation around them.

“Somewhere,” I simply answered and she cut her steak before chewing on it slowly.

“When are you going back there?” that's when Mary gripped onto my hand. I looked at her and she had wide eyes like she was choking. But she wasn't, she was shaking her head roughly.

“Don't leave us,” she begged and I sighed kissed her forehead.

“I'm not going anywhere honey. Next time when I leave, I'm taking you Dan and daddy with us?” she nodded and smiled releasing my hand. I turned to Halsey who was smirking at me.

“Are you in relationship with that cop?”

“No, why'd you ask that?”

“Cause he left without asking you questions about you being an imposter.”

I see what games she is trying to play. “Let's just say me and him understands each other without having to combine our bodies,” she choked on her food and started gulping her juice. She asked to be excused and left the table.

“I have to go,” Medaline said and stood up. She came to peck the kids on their foreheads and kissed Vincent's cheek before kissing my forehead lovingly. She left, Halsey came back with Emma who glared at me. I turned to Mary and started playing with her hair.

“So... Demi,” I looked at her and she smirked. “How have you been?” I shrugged and Mary yawned. I got up and kissed Vincent before leading the kids upstairs to the bathroom.

“Can we sleep with you tonight?”

“Of course,” I said as I undressed them and gave them the toothbrushes and they started brushing their teeth. We walked to the bedroom and I looked through the wardrobe for their clothes. It was still loaded with my clothes, I wonder why Halsey didn't take them out. I tied Mary's hair before giving her her nightie and handed Dan his too.

“You're sleeping here?” Vincent asked and I nodded. I took the shirt off and the jeans followed before I tied my hair in a ponytail and pyt on his shirt. I placed my phone on the table next to the bed and got on Mary's side. Vincent took off his shirt and his oamts and got on the other side.

“Momma?” I hummed as a reply and she giggled. I looked at her and she looked at me, we were almost kissing and she laughed as if she heard what I was thinking.
“Can we go to the park tomorrow?” I nodded my head and she placed her hands on my cheeks and puckered my lips.
“Dad missed kissing you. Did you kiss him?”

“What?” I laughed taking her hands off my face.

We talked for close to three hours before the kids finally drifted off.  I stared at Vincent and he smirked. I sneaked to his side and sat on top of him. His hands rested on my hips as I smiled wider.

“Laurent was the one who said I had to come back,” I finally said and he chuckled.

“He didn't even tell me he was going to you.”

“You stopped answering my calls.”

“I lost my phone. I don't know how it got in my car even though I stopped using that car ages ago.”

“By the way, why do you still have my clothes? I thought Halsey would have them burnt by now.”

“She was not allowed in here. Renovating this room or her sleeping in this room was not allowed. Only the real wife was sup-” I hushed him by combining our lips. He smiled into the kiss and pulled me closer. I placed my head on his shoulder and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up, the kids were still alseep next to us. Vincent was playing with my hair.

“Morning,” I said and he hummed. I tried to get up but he held me back. I looked at him and he smirked.

“I wanna pee,” he chuckled and pecked my nose before letting me go. I was about to open the bathroom door when I turned my attention to where I had placed my phone. It was gone.
“Where is my phone?”

”I don't know. Come back here,” he opened his arms wider and I walked oyt of the bedroom ignoring him. I found Halsey on the ohone with whoever. I grabbed one of the USBs, I don't know what they contain but who cares.

“Morning Halsey,” I greeted and she turned to me. She hung up and turned fully to me.

“What do you want?”

“That phone is useless. I don't get why you would steal my phone for a mere video.”

“Are you accusing me of stealing your phone?”

“We both know you took it honey. But, is this,” i took out the USB and showed it to her. “What you wanted?” I smirked and her eyes went wide.

“I-I don't know what you're talking about,” she said and turned to walk away.

“You are so stupid,” I turned around and met with mad Vincent. What gotten up his ass?

“What is this?” he showed me his phone and I shrugged.

“Your phone?”

“Are you back with Toby?”

“No why would y-” he handed me his phone and they said we were back together again. And maybe that's why I disappeared, maybe I was scared of my sheets being known.
“I can explain.”

“It better be good,” he turned and walked away. I turned to Halsey and saw her smirking. If I'm wrong, this is her idea.

“Do you think he would let Toby get me?” she shrugged and walked away. I went to the bedroom and found him on the bed with his head in his hands.

“I can explain Vincent. No need to be all-”

“Then start explaining!” he yelled waking the kids up. My eyes were wide along with my mouth. My heart was racing, since when was he like this?

*********************

Thank you for reading again.❤️we are almost nearing the end.❤️