8

I stared at the ceiling above me trying to form any kind of thoughts, but my head remained empty.
It was silent, except of a few cutting or rummaging sounds coming from the kitchen. My headache was slowly getting better and the reminder that there was someone willing to take care of me, left me reassured.
My mom, my dad, even my sister, they all didn't really care. They left me at home even if they were hesitant to go, they still left. If it was Jia being sick, my mom and dad would have dropped everything to stay home and take care of their sweet daughter.
I never really minded, that they favored her. Everyone did, after all.
But at times like this, when I was lonely and my memories surrounded me, I couldn't stop thinking about it. How I was always, for everyone, just a number 2 or even a replacement for Jia at times. I was never considered anything besides Jia's sister. I was her shadow.

If naruto meets my sister.. will he also start liking her? Will he also abandon me?
Right, Naruto. He came immediately after finding out that I was sick. He didn't hesitate, he left school to come and take care of me. Is this really what it feels like having someone worry about you?

I couldn't really point my finger at it, but some weird feeling started forming in my head.
Even though everyone left, he was here. Even though no one cares, he does.
We don't even know each other but he claims, he fell in love with me. Not because of my looks. But because of me.

I had a few people confess to me, but it was usually ex-boyfriends of Jia. They liked me because I looked exactly like her. Because everything about me, they bring in connection with her. But as soon as they saw that I did not have the same outshining personality as her, that in fact I was rather cold and silent, they'd get bored of me.
So why should I expect that Naruto is any different?

„Amaya, the Okayu is done. Can you sit up?“
I looked at him and obediently raised my upper body. The smell of warm rice filled my room but there was also a different thing filling up my room, though I couldn't tell what it was.
„Thank you, but you really shouldn't have to worry about me. “
He placed the tray on my legs and sat on the floor next to my bed. Surprisingly he didn't have any bruises today and his uniform was still intact. Probably because he didn't stay in school for long and rushed to my house instead.

I blushed slightly of embarrassment and looked at the bowl in front of me. It had rice and a few chopped vegetables. I don't think we've had these in our fridge, which means he must have brought them himself.
Does he really care so much about a no one like me? Why?

„You should eat, so you can take some medication.“,he spoke softly to me, which made me turn my head to face him again. He was just calmly sitting on my floor, looking at me. His companion made me relax a little, as I wasn't home alone anymore, and I grabbed the spoon to try some of the porridge.
Since I was only accustomed to Jia's terrible meals, tasting this simple dish felt like heaven.
„This tastes really good. Do you cook for yourself?“
I wanted to know more about him, maybe even for selfish purposes.
„Yes, I live alone. I cook for myself since elementary school.“

Elementary school? What about his parents? Is he maybe an orphan? Even then, shouldn't he have grown up in an orphanage or with foster care? No.. maybe I'm seeing the things from a stupid perspective since I grew up with parents. I'm not the one to ask nor judge.

„Then next time I'll cook for you, as a way of thanking you.“
I smiled at him and continued eating the warm soup.

------
{Naruto's POV}

I blushed a little and bit my lip while looking away.

Wow, her smile is so beautiful.. and it was directed to me. I'm the only one who should see her smile like this, she's more than just Amaya. She's my Amaya.

„I'll look forward to it.“, I agreed to her proposal and watched her eat.
Her hand was trembling a bit but she was trying her best not to spill anything. Even though she's 2 years older than me, she looked like a helpless little child right now. I guess everyone is in a way weak once they're dependent on other people's help.

Her room was very monotone furnished. No pictures with friends or family, no decoration. She had a shelf with a lot of manga and a couch next to it. The only things that gave this room a little personality.

She likes manga?

I quickly took my phone out and took a photo of her shelf, before putting it back in my pocket.

I have to check out what she reads, so I can find out more about her taste.

I flinched a little when she suddenly grabbed my hand and I looked at her while my heart started beating so loudly, I was scared she might hear it.
„Thank you, I really appreciate your help.“
A sudden sensation, like a soft tickle, spread around my right cheek and I widened my eyes in disbelief.

Her lips. On my skin. Even if just for a short time.
I felt my whole world spin, me becoming lightheaded and my hand desperately clinging onto hers, as to not lose myself in this dizzyness.

Amaya kissed me. She did.

My lips were trembling as they slowly formed into a smile and I looked at her as she was laying back down and closing her eyes.
Her hand still holding mine.

I knew she loves me, I knew it. She will forever be mine, I will never let go off you. Anyone that comes between us will have to suffer, i promise.

I grabbed the blanket and slowly covered her body, before taking the tray with the empty bowl and bringing it downstairs.

I love her so much, I want to rip her heart out so it'll forever belong to me.