"Thanks." Natasha unfastened the restraints. "Tasha, how many agents?"

"Don't. Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for."

"Loki, he got away?"

"Yeah. I don't suppose you know where?"

"I didn't need to know. I didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though. Today."

"We gotta stop him."

"Yeah? Who's we?"

"I don't know. Whoever's left."

"Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better I suppose."

"Now you sound like you." She sat next to her partner and friend.

"But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?"

"He didn't, I just..." She paused.

"Natasha."

"I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

INT. HELICARRIER DETENTION SECTION

Tony and Ben looked at the empty cell container. They stood not saying a word.

Steve walked in and asked, "Was he married?"

"No," Tony replied. "There was a uh... cellist, I think."

"I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot."

"Why? For believing?"

"For taking on Loki without more backup," Ben answered bluntly.

"He was doing his job."

"He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have..." Tony trailed.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony."

Tony walked away. "Right. How did that work for him?"

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

Tony turned around sharply. "We are not soldiers! I am not marching to Fury's fife!"

"He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list..."

Tony and Ben looked at the bloodstained wall. "He made it personal."

"That's not the point."

"That is the point," Tony said. "That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?"

"To tear us apart."

"He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Right, I caught his act at Stuttengard."

"Yeah," Tony agreed. "That's just a preview, this is opening night. Loki's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered..." He paused. "Son of a bitch!"

Ben frowned, then his eyes widened. "Oh shit!"

EXT. STARK TOWER

Selvig worked around the CMS device that had already been set. On the rooftop of Tony's tower.

INT. HELICARRIER MEDICAL ROOM

Steve walked in, in full uniform. Natasha looked at him, unprepared.

"Time to go," Steve said.

"Go where?" Natasha asked.

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

Clint walked out of the restroom and looked at Steve before saying, "I can."

Steve looked at Natasha and she nodded to confirm Clint was on their side before Steve asked, "You got a suit?"

"Yeah."

"Then suit up."

---

A blinding bolt of lightning struck down from above, colliding on Mjölnir. The explosion was massive.

---

Captain America pulled on his helmet and shield.

Tony and Ben welded their Iron Man and Steel Iron helmets. Light slipped down over Iron Man's and Steel Iron's eye holes.

Black Widow attached a glove gauntlet with her rounds on her wrist. A blue light charged.

Hawkeye slipped on his quiver of arrows.

EXT/INT. QUINJET

Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye walked towards and into the Quinjet. A young S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot looked and stood in their way.

"You are not authorized to be here..." the young S.H.I.E.L.D. agent began.

Captain America cut him off. "Son... just don't."

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE

Fury looked out the window of the ship, contemplating.

Hill walked up to him, knowing and said, "Sir."

"Agent Hill?" Fury questioned.

"Those cards, they were in Coulson's locker, not in his jacket."

"They needed the push." He held Coulson's cards.

A loud noise screeched. Fury looked out to see Iron Man and Steel Iron flying off as well as the Quinjet.

"They found it," Fury said. "Get our communications back up, whatever you have to do. I want eyes on everything."

"Yes, sir," Hill replied.