Chapter 67 ~ Signing Papers

Start from the beginning

"Sonia~ Thank you for having us~!"

Her majesty the queen and lady of the Lorya household both immediately run towards each other and went for a friendly hug.

"Thank you so much for preparing such an amazing lunch of us~ Though it would've been more amazing if all of you could join us~"

"I wanted to join you guys too~ But I was still preparing for things until just now~ I'm still regretting it now..."

"Ufufufu~ Then, let's grab some lunch together another time~"

"Yes~ That's a great idea~!"

Alexus followed closely after his mother and immediately went towards Alterisa.

He stopped right in front of her and stared at her closer, falling into yet another trance, before snapping out of it and forcing words to come out of his mouth.

"Y-You look... very beautiful..."

He could feel his cheeks burning and his heart was thumping all over the place. Yet, he couldn't move his gaze away from her, making him even more nervous and spiral down a hellish yet heavenly loop.

"T-Thank you. Ehehehe~ Mom and our maids did their absolute best for this finale. I even woke up extra early today, you know? I already starting to feel sleepy now, especially with all that food before..."

His gaze softened when Alterisa started behaving like she usually does. He could feel his heart calming down as an ever soft and affectionate smile appear on his face.

For making me fall for her even more... What a sinful girl.

Her transcendent beauty was what caught his attention at first. But, everything else about her was what made him fall for her so utterly. This childish yet cheerful, bright, gentle, and kind side of her was what stole his heart.

"I see. You can take a nap here if you want. As long as you can wake up before the ball, that is."

"Ughh... That's the problem... I don't think I can wake up if I sleep now..."

"Ahahaha~ Then do your best to stay up. But if you feel sleepy, don't hesitate to tell me, your brother, or your parents, okay? We can just wake you up when its time for the announcement."

"And miss the ball?! Nuh-uh! I'll have a taste of every dessert you serve in the ball!"

Alex smiled wryly at her sudden burst of energy.

"I thought you were full?"

"This and that are different."

"Just give it up, Alex. This girl is hopeless. She has a different stomach for desserts."

"Hehe~! Lu-nii's right~! Aren't I amazing~?"

"It wasn't a compliment..."

His majesty the king, Luke also followed after his wife and son and approached Altair with a wide smile on his face.

"Ahahaha! Why the long face, Al? It's a great day, isn't it?"

"Hah... A great day? Surely you jest. It's the day I've been dreading for so long... I still can't believe my little angel will be engaged so early...And it's all your fault."

He looked at the king with an icy glare as a frost aura started to manifest around him. Yet, Luke didn't seem perturbed in the least.

"Ahahaha! Don't be like that. It must be fate."

He then came closer and whispered something in Altair's ears.

"In all honesty, I wasn't the one who pushed for the engagement. It was my son that insisted."