5

A few days later

I hit the shelf with my sword. It made a loud satisfying thunk and I smirked. I heard the door open and quickly shoved the sword under the bed. I turned around quickly and came eye to eye with Loki. I froze. He hadn't ever come back after Steve took him a few days ago. He smiled at me.
"Hello Queen (Y/N)."
I looked at him confused. "Hi?"
"How are you?"
I continued staring at him. "I'm...good? I guess?" I looked around. "There's not a guard here. What are you doing?"
"They aren't keeping me in a cell anymore."
I scoffed and sat down. "Well hooray for you." I responded sarcastically. "So you get mad at me for leaving, and then in the next few days you leave too?"
He frowned at me. "I never left the building."
"So where have you been?"
"They gave me a room. They want me to work with them."
I stayed silent for a second. "Are you agreeing to it...?"
He looked at me sadly. "It's better than the cell..."
I nodded. "Yeah that's what I thought." I sighed. I stood up and walked over to the glass that separated us.
He sighed. "You're upset, aren't you?"
I smirked. "You're all eyes yet can't seem to see."
He scowled at me. "I was just telling you. I know when I'm not wanted." He spat and spun around to walk out.
I held my hand against the glass. "Wait-" He turned around and I quickly pulled my hand away. "I mean...Nevermind. Leave."
He frowned and left. The door slammed and I flinched. Sequoia walked over to the glass. "You okay?"
"Fine." I mumbled and turned into a cat. I crawled back under the bed.
A few hours later I heard a knock on my door and walked out. I turned back into a human and saw Wanda watching me through the glass. I scowled at her. "What do you want?"
She smiled. "The rest of the avengers went out on a mission. They left me to watch you two."
I crossed my arms. "And...?"
"Do you want to spend the afternoon outside of the cell?"
I paused. "Whoa whoa whoa...you do realize that would give me full access to leave right?"
She smirked. "See that's the thing...if I don't let her out..." she motioned to Sequoia. "You'll always have a reason to come back. And the last time you did that it didn't turn out well. As long as we have Sequoia, you'll always come back to us."
She smirked at me and I thought for a second. I nodded slightly. "Yeah okay."
"So you want to get out of the cell?"
I nodded. "Very much so."
I watched as she undid the lock and opened the door. Sequoia stared at me as I walked through. She cleared her throat and I looked over.
"What about me?!"
I looked at Wanda and she shook her head. I smiled at Sequoia. "I'll be back. I don't plan on leaving without you."
Sequoia continued to protest but I slipped out the door and followed Wanda down the hallway. She showed me the main rooms and I got very distracted by the food they had. I picked up a package that was on the counter.
"What's this...?"
She looked at the food in my hand. "That would be my lunch."
"But it's just silver plastic. Do you guys eat this?"
"Have you ever seen pre-made food?"
"I'm royal, Wanda. Everything is fresh and made that day."
She took the package from me and got a bowl out. She opened the package and poured it into the bowl. Out fell noodles and a smaller packet labeled 'seasoning'. I watched intently.
"Whoa."
Wanda looked at me and laughed. "It's not that impressive."
"You just made food. Out of nothing."
She picked up the bowl, dumped the seasoning on, put some water in it, and put it into a metal contraption. "It's not quite done yet."
I watched as the tiny table inside it spun around and it beeped loudly. I took a few steps back and she took it out, stirred it, and put it back in. We waited again and when it beeped again she took a bite of it. She smiled. "Perfect."
She brought me over to the table and ate while trying to talk to me. I wasn't listening though. I wanted the food.
Wanda looked down at the bowl and back at me. "Do you wanna try some?"
I nodded quickly. "Yes please."
She pushed the bowl over to me and grabbed a fork. I cautiously took a small bite of the noodles and gasped. "This is amazing!"
"Yeah, ramen is pretty good."
"How did they fill so much flavor in one tiny box?" I took another bite.
Wanda sat back down and watched me as I devoured the noodles. She pulled me back into the kitchen.
"What other foods have you never heard of?"
I looked around and saw a bowl on the counter. "What's that?"
She looked over. "That's the fruit bowl."
I walked over. "I've never seen fruit like this." I grabbed a small reddish fruit and held it up. It was slightly squishy. I took a bite of it and my smile widened. "This is good fruit."
I sat on the counter and continued eating the fruit. I heard the door open and Steve walked in followed by the rest of the avengers. He looked at me and at Wanda.
"What is she doing out of the cell?" He motioned to me.
I took another bite of the fruit. "This is really good! What is this called?"
Wanda looked back at me. "That's a peach."
Steve groaned. "And why is she eating our peaches?!"
Wanda shrugged. "She hasn't done anything."
I smiled. "We don't have these where I'm from. I like them." I looked at the rest of the avengers and spotted Loki among them. I smiled and grabbed another peach. I pushed past a few of them and handed it to him. "Here. Try this."
Loki looked at the peach and back at me before taking a bite of it. I could see the confusion grow on his face. "This is a good fruit."
"I know right? Why don't we have these where we're from?!"
"It's a human fruit."
"Wow really? I could never have guessed that." I turned around to see the avengers had been watching us. Steve looked at Wanda.
"Has she just been eating our food...?" He asked.
She nodded. "She's spent the entire time in the kitchen."
I climbed back on the counter and ate another one of their peaches. Natasha took the bowl away from me. Tony walked over to me. "Why haven't you tried to escape?"
I swallowed the bite of fruit. "You still have my right hand man. I'm not leaving without her."
"So as long as we have her, you won't leave?"
"Well, even if I do leave, I'll have to come back for her. It saves me the trip."
"Aren't you worried about your country?"
"Oh no." I laughed. "I'm scared to death about what my country is gonna become when I'm gone. But once I leave my best friend behind it'll get even worse."
They all looked at each other and back at me as I ate the last bite of the fruit. I tossed the seed at Steve's head. He scowled at me. "Back to the cell."
I smiled. "Will you bring me more good foods?"
Steve sighed. "Yes."
I hopped off the counter. "Well if that's all in order, I bid you adieu."
I walked back to the cell and Wanda followed after to quickly lock me back in.